91 build | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 build

We bought it as a project and it sure has been one. We were told the engine was shot and torn apart that the transmission was newly rebuilt. I had a parts vehicle. so we got it. it was meant to be a fast 2 maybe 3 months to get it running. Swapped motor found out the transmission was shot. Did a manual swap and a manual t-case swap. Got it running in 3 months. then daily drove it worked bugs out of it. Took it to Moab seen a lot of other peoples rigs. purchased a locker for the rear gears 5.13 and a locker for the front. I have not had either installed yet. Front is a lunch box thinking e locker to match the rear. Had cut and turned beams done got some used extended radius arms and bds coils for the front and a soa done in the rear. warn winch and bumper . just need to take the body lift off now. and have a rear bumper made. way it sits now.
14716283_10210831728971951_6412712661039014119_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fun times been a little while since i have updated here. Finally got around to getting the goodies gathered up for doing the gears and lockers. Just need to go to the junk yard and get a second gen axle or possibly just keep my drum brakes in the rear. Finally got around to installing the ranger knuckles and brakes and alignment. Eaton e locker in the rear and a lunch box in the front.

20170329_185123.jpg

20170329_182739.jpg

Rig looks good! You have more pics? I'm trying to get as many ideas as I can to possibly build bumpers soon...

Here is few more of the front. I had a deal with friends and family what ever name got the most votes it would be named. At gas station i get a lot of looks and pictures taken. I have removed all the nasty purple window tint as well. Took about 30 minutes to do. I have removed all the old bed liner off the bumper. A friend of a friend is going to respray the bumper with line x for 40 bucks.

20170322_135352.jpg

20170324_154107.jpg

Cleaned up the wiring for lights and a few things. I was going to buy a SPOD until i seen the price. Found a generic off of amazon wiring is really clean now. I don't have half a dozen relays mounted in odd spots. it has a 3 wire hook up battery positive,battery negative and a wire going to a key on circuit. Then i gutted the JK mounting bracket and bought some abs plastic and plastic switch holders. Then I mounted where one vent and the push button 4x4 was. much cleaner with one wire loom to plug into switches. As i add more circuits just need to wire a positive and a negative to the new distribution block. Looks almost factory.

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Finally got all the parts for my on board air. Just need to finish welding the bracket together that i bought from rock ranger. if there is a place to rate transactions much would be appreciated. So i could rate all that i have gotten parts from. Thanks to adamsbro2 for most of his hulk explorer and advise i always ask. rock ranger for the fast fabricating stellar packing and fast shipping. Hope i did not go to low on the gears they were free with parts I picked up.

I'm diggin' the front bumper and that switch panel!

So, did I miss something? What happened with the Hulk that you got its parts from @adamsbro2 ?

I'm diggin' the front bumper and that switch panel!

So, did I miss something? What happened with the Hulk that you got its parts from @adamsbro2 ?

Too many projects. I had to pick one to let go. I will get another before too long

Got some more parts for my build yesterday. 4.56 ring and pinion for the kids explorer. complete rear disc swap forgot the rotors. i will pick them up when i return his engine hoist.For mine new leaf spring perches. Another axle to set my gears and locker in. Thanks again adamsbro2 you rock.

20170408_135746.jpg

Back