What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 41 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed LED reverse light bulbs. Have to wait for nightfall to assess.

C
A
P
S
CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Sorry had to! Excited for the playoffs to start.

Hope we don't fall apart in the first round like we do every year. Always run into a hot goalie early in the playoffs and get the punch out.

Today was rock chip repair day.

Used the Motorcraft Shadow Black touch up tube which now comes with a clear coat add-on which is nice.

Then after filling the chips, I wet sanded the area with 2000 grit. That's actually kind of scary sanding a 4 month old vehicles paint.

BUT......after the wet sanding and several layers of base coat black and then clear, I used Meguiars M105 Ultra Cut Compound.

I was amazed at how well it completely removes the 2000 grit sanding scratches and brings up the clear coat.

I honestly can't find some of the chip repairs, they are that well hidden.

Just for future chip repairs and minor scratch removal, especially on Shadow Black, try some of this Meguiars M105 it's phenomenal.

Today was rock chip repair day.

Used the Motorcraft Shadow Black touch up tube which now comes with a clear coat add-on which is nice.

Then after filling the chips, I wet sanded the area with 2000 grit. That's actually kind of scary sanding a 4 month old vehicles paint.

BUT......after the wet sanding and several layers of base coat black and then clear, I used Meguiars M105 Ultra Cut Compound.

I was amazed at how well it completely removes the 2000 grit sanding scratches and brings up the clear coat.
I honestly can't find a some of the chip repairs, itsthey are that well hidden.

Just for future chip repairs and minor scratch removal, especially on Shadow Black, try some of this Meguiars M105 it's phenomenal.

Want to do mine next? :p

Ordered OEM mudflaps/splash guards. I tried to order the WellVisors vent visors twice now and everyone sends back an email that they are out of stock, which sucks because they are the nicest looking ones out there. One site told me 3-5 weeks and they will email me when they have them.

Installed LED reverse light bulbs. Have to wait for nightfall to assess.
They work extremely well. Can even tell a difference via the backup camera.

Been so ****ty weather wise in the Chicago area and will probably be he same in two days but couldn't resist getting my baby a bath and spring cleaning on this gorgeous day!

IMG_1433.JPG

Today...Received my Ex's new license plates, and installed them in black metal LA Dodgers (front) and LA Kings (rear) frames.

Today...Received my Ex's new license plates, and installed them in black metal LA Dodgers (front) and LA Kings (rear) frames.
I'm sooooo glad Calif came back to the black plates.

I love those retro California black plates they look so good on a black Explorer or any black vehicle for that matter.

Score! Like new set of Weathertech window visors shipped for $57!!

Thought this thread would be more active. Anyway, I got my OEM mudflaps in, Weathertech window visors will be here Thursday. Will post pics if there is any interest.

Thought this thread would be more active. Anyway, I got my OEM mudflaps in, Weathertech window visors will be here Thursday. Will post pics if there is any interest.
Post pics please

Will do!

hey guys, new to the forum here. Just picked up my new (to me) 2016 Explorer Limited, Certified pre-owned last Friday. Traded in my 2009 F150 Lariat.

Been searching around on this forum for quite a bit already looking into everyones reviews and taseful mods.

I have weather-tech floor liners and window visors being delivered tomorrow, and I have an appointment for monday afternoon to get the front windows tinted to match the factory rears.

I'll get some photos posted in the near future.

Congrats on the new ride, Italianbuca! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey guys, new to the forum here. Just picked up my new (to me) 2016 Explorer Limited, Certified pre-owned last Friday. Traded in my 2009 F150 Lariat.

Been searching around on this forum for quite a bit already looking into everyones reviews and taseful mods.

I have weather-tech floor liners and window visors being delivered tomorrow, and I have an appointment for monday afternoon to get the front windows tinted to match the factory rears.

I'll get some photos posted in the near future.

Sounds like exactly what I did. Traded a 07 Expedition for a 2016 Limited CPO, had the dealership install tint and Weathertechs!

Back