• Register Today It's free!

Dumping my 2016 XLT

Alan519

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Well its been fun, but not fun enough. My 2016 XLT with all the available options (for XLT) is on its way out. Dropping it off at the dealers on Tuesday. Moving on, change of pace.........a quicker pace. Moving on up to loaded (less lane assist) 2017 Sport, shadow black. Looks great!
Took the XLT in for service and my sales guy and I were talking, he said " hey take a Sport for a ride". So I did and now I'm taking it home! Going to be a fun summer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gotta love those salespeople.;) Don't forget to update your profile Alan.

Peter

I did the same. Only my 2016 XLT was a company car and I switched companies. My new company gave me the option of a vehicle allowance and I took it and picked up a 2017 Sport w/ 401A, sunroof, and second row buckets. Couldn't be happier! Just upset the quick dial option is no longer available.

I did the same. Only my 2016 XLT was a company car and I switched companies. My new company gave me the option of a vehicle allowance and I took it and picked up a 2017 Sport w/ 401A, sunroof, and second row buckets. Couldn't be happier! Just upset the quick dial option is no longer available.
Do you still have the Mountaineer shown in the margin? If so, perhaps you can add the 2017 Sport to a signature.

Peter

Well its been fun, but not fun enough. My 2016 XLT with all the available options (for XLT) is on its way out. Dropping it off at the dealers on Tuesday. Moving on, change of pace.........a quicker pace. Moving on up to loaded (less lane assist) 2017 Sport, shadow black. Looks great!
Took the XLT in for service and my sales guy and I were talking, he said " hey take a Sport for a ride". So I did and now I'm taking it home! Going to be a fun summer.
Great choice, but is your loan now underwater?

Yeah, how much of a hit was it on the 16? I want to dump mine for a 2018 Platinum when it's here.

What do you mean by quick dial option?

The right screen in the gauge cluster would allow you to go to the phone menu and gave the options of Quick Dial, All Calls, Placed Calls, and Missed Calls. The Quick Dial selection bought up a list of 10 user set contact #s. You set the contact #s at the main display screen under phone settings.
This was an EXCELLENT option that I wish they would reincorporate. It made calling the usual numbers very easy and at the touch of your steering wheel fingers. Quicker than voice control.

It made calling the usual numbers very easy and at the touch of your steering wheel fingers. Quicker than voice control.
I don't think a second or two makes that much difference using Voice Command. Just hit the voice button and say "call XXXX" and you're done. Might even be quicker that selecting a number in the Info Display screen.

Peter

It was definitely quicker. Especially having multiple contact numbers for a contact and then having to do more than one voice step to identify the phone number wanted. Sometimes it's just as simple as not wanting to talk to the car.

Hey now, owing more than things are worth is the American Way! How else are we going to Make America Great Again if we don't keep buying and buying and buying? Gotta keep those jobs going for others!!

It was definitely quicker. Especially having multiple contact numbers for a contact and then having to do more than one voice step to identify the phone number wanted. Sometimes it's just as simple as not wanting to talk to the car.

Then you say "call xXxX on their cell phone" or "call xXxX on their home phone". Still 1 sentence command even with multiple numbers per name.

Then you say "call xXxX on their cell phone" or "call xXxX on their home phone". Still 1 sentence command even with multiple numbers per name.
And then it says, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that. Did you say call xxxXXX on his work phone?" And that's where direct button pushing is faster :)

And then it says, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that. Did you say call xxxXXX on his work phone?" And that's where direct button pushing is faster :)

Even better, when I tell mine to call my girlfriend it just goes back to playing music. No error at all. Just doesn't do anything. Have to use Siri Eyes Free.

No, still above water. Good trade on last vehicle before the 16. Better deal too.

Yeah, how much of a hit was it on the 16? I want to dump mine for a 2018 Platinum when it's here.

Little worse than I expected, but enough to cover loan buyout.

Back