• Register Today It's free!

checking fuel pressure

Mickalo

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer w/4.0 4wd
Hoping someone maybe able to help out here. On my 2010 4.0L sohc there is no schrader valve anywhere to check fuel presssure. I've been told I need a special T adapter to tap into the fuel line & and fuel rail pipe at the springlock connection. The ford service manual I have says the same thing.

Has anyone else run across this setup and where you able to find the T adapter that will work or does one need to come up with custom made adapter in order to tap a fuel pressure gauge to check pressure? I spent about 2hrs the other day looking and there is NO schrader valve anywhere on this engine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's designed to be checked with a scan tool now.

I checked that on mine with a T adapter and a gauge that my tech friend had in his garage. Mine is v8 but also no valve. We just unhooked the hose from the rail as far as i remember.

It can be done without the scan tool as well.

your referring to using the live data with code scanner/reader ?

I checked that on mine with a T adapter and a gauge that my tech friend had in his garage. Mine is v8 but also no valve. We just unhooked the hose from the rail as far as i remember.

It can be done without the scan tool as well.

where did you get this adapter or do you know who made it I.E. OTC or similar? I came across a T adapter made by OTC but wasn't sure it would work. Was it for a 3/8" line tapped into the springlock connection ?

Back