2017 Dash Cam - Hello, I am a new member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Dash Cam - Hello, I am a new member

Lorrie Bucknell

Reaction score
City, State
Regina, Saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Ford explorer Ltd.
Does anyone know where you can purchase a dual dash cam for 2017 Ford Ex ltd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know where you can purchase a dual dash cam for 2017 Ford Ex ltd

I have the Thinkware f770 with the rear camera option. I did a lot of research and thought it was the best. I have had it installed for 6 months and it is awesome.

Another vote for the BlackVue 650GW-2ch but I would order from DashCamStore because of their customer service.

Another vote for the BlackVue 650GW-2ch but I would order from DashCamStore because of their customer service.

Plus one for The Dashcam Store, excellent support!

Amazon link was for convenience only. Good mention.

Got all mine from dash cam store but went with the Lukas line which are on the higher end. Wi-Fi so you can watch on your phone, lane departure warnings, crash alerts, warns me when at a red light and cars start moving again (for those days you may not be paying attention), also hard wires in so it will stop recording when battery drops down to a preset voltage).

You can buy lense filters to help reduce glare..Some of the best stuff on the market.

Robert (owner of dash cam store) is top notch. I've tested and done some lengthy reviews on his products for him.

I am using the same dash camera as Sgt1411, although I have been thinking about add a second one for the rear. Picked it up on Amazon for $85.00 shipped. When a van ran a red light it provided good quality video showing all the information needed to clear me,.... yes the Honda Pilot was a total loss

OOPS.jpg

Hey nice that someone linked my DIY video (post #3). I've had the Thinkware F770 dual in for months, it's great. My old F750 went into my wife's car, so we're covered every which way. Happy to help out with any questions you have.

Nobody stops these days unless it's a serious accident, and it can catch parking hit and runs too.

BTW, as blwnsmoke mentioned Lukas--they're also a really good brand. I had a midrange camera from them in my last vehicle. Did the job well.

Did somethings better than the Blackvue, too.

I have the cobra85HD dual dash cam. It was $179.99 and I had it professionally installed for $50. I love it because it constantly loops and has a "park mode". It will shut off when parked but a sensor picks up activity in the front and back and the camera turns on. Also, if I ever get hit (hope to God that doesn't happen), both cameras will automatically save the "film" several minutes prior and several minutes afterwards too. It can't be deleted unless I do it manually. Plus, I get a small 5% discount on my auto insurance as well. Good luck with whatever you go with!

IMG_0542.JPG

Did you find out how to wire this to the rear view mirror? how do you like that model camera?

The dashcam gets the job done, luckily I haven't needed it yet but the quality of the video seems pretty good for the price paid.

I would have liked a front/rear system but this is good for now (maybe in the future I will go with something similar to the blackvue and hardwire it to the fuse box).

I used this wire to tap into my RVM:

Unfortunately, it looks like it has been unavailable for a while so I'm not sure where you'd be able to get it.

I used slots 1 and 4 as per this post:

Rear view mirror wiring diagram

I replaced my Vantrue dash cam (died from Florida heat) with the Blackvue DR750s 2CH dash cam. I am using the power outlet in the console but may consider the Power Magic Pro in the future. I purchased thru Backboxmycar.com. Excellent customer service as well.

The video quality of the 750 is awesome.

If you haven't watched any of the dash cam videos on YouTube, you really should.

I use the BlackVue 650 2-CH that I have had for several months and love it! I might have been too lazy to put the rear cam in but plan to do that today.

^ Precisely what I use, with great results.

I have one in both the EX and the Subaru and when my wife was hit by a hit & run driver and I was able to pull the video, take screenshots from said video and ... needless to say the driver was found, cited and "educated" by local LEO. I don't have rear, just front and this is the model in both, they are both capacitor versions due to the extreme heat here in AZ.

Black Box G1W-CB "Black Bezel" Capacitor Model Dash Camera - Heat Resistant - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Video Recorder - WDR 140° Wide Angle 4x Zoom Motion Detection Night Vision G-Sensor - by Black Box
Link: http://a.co/j8wht3Z

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No pictures visible

Back