What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 47 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great Marty! Is that vinyl?

Hi, I have done a few things. Tint, A/T tires, Matte Black sport emblem, EcoBeast emblem overlay decal, yakima roof box, ford cargo mat, ford rear bumper pad, and ford cross bars.

Can't figure out how to post pics, so here is a link

http://imgur.com/a/IN8cg

aP1Vszi

Pd5BuIo

FYkv1C1

1gKf5gZ

sGkxaNB

over the weekend I got vinyl emblem decals delivered, have not put them on yet because of the weather. Need a nice warm sunny day. Got them in a matte carbon fiber background with grey lettering. I'll post up pictures and a link to where I purchased from later on today when I get home. They came out nice, and quality seems top notch. Will know better once installed and how the fitment is.

Also swapped out the reverse lights for LED projector bulbs. Definitely an improvement over the OEM bulbs, but the reverse lights are still terrible... My 09 F150 had terrible reverse lights as well, almost as if they are a warning for people behind you than actual light output... I'm starting to look into adding auxiliary lighting in the rear on a switch and tied into the reverse lights at this point...

over the weekend I got vinyl emblem decals delivered, have not put them on yet because of the weather. Need a nice warm sunny day. Got them in a matte carbon fiber background with grey lettering. I'll post up pictures and a link to where I purchased from later on today when I get home. They came out nice, and quality seems top notch. Will know better once installed and how the fitment is.

Also swapped out the reverse lights for LED projector bulbs. Definitely an improvement over the OEM bulbs, but the reverse lights are still terrible... My 09 F150 had terrible reverse lights as well, almost as if they are a warning for people behind you than actual light output... I'm starting to look into adding auxiliary lighting in the rear on a switch and tied into the reverse lights at this point...

I also swapped out the reverse lights for a pair of VLeds, (1,100 lumens I believe) big difference. I like that the very weak "yellowish" light from the incandescent is gone. Looks much better via the back up camera too. I back in my garage and it's a very tight fit so, I need all the light I can get. LOL I also did the same on my '03 F-150 Super Crew.
I also swapped out the interior lights to LEDs.

I also swapped out the reverse lights for a pair of VLeds, (1,100 lumens I believe) big difference. I like that the very weak "yellowish" light from the incandescent is gone. Looks much better via the back up camera too. I back in my garage and it's a very tight fit so, I need all the light I can get. LOL I also did the same on my '03 F-150 Super Crew.
I also swapped out the interior lights to LEDs.

Can you point me at a source (and part number) for the lights you used?

For the back up bulbs I went with these: http://www.vleds.com/shop-application/reverse-back-up/7440-led/7440-21-ho-c.html
For the interior, which I wasn't going to do, all the map / reading lamps take 4 #168 leds. The reason I changed them was that I ordered the led puddle lamps from here: http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/Puddle_Lights_NL3C.html and included in the package are 2 #168 leds for the license plate.
Rather than install them at the L/plate and create a possible "washout" of the camera I installed them as the front reading / map lights. I then picked up 2 more Zevos 168 leds at Advance for the rear seat area. While I was there I also picked up a Zevos for the one in the back by the seat switches. I don't remember the number of that bulb..

Live a little peterk9......please tell me of any instance that somebody has been given a ticket for "off-road use" reverse bulbs in a factory housing.

New front tires, when I bought my Ex it had Toyos in front and Michelins in back. There was a sidewall nick on one of the Toyos so I replaced both fronts with tires matching my rears. Michelin Latitude Tour HP, 255/60R18. All four match now.

Also had an oil and filter change. Amsoil filter and oil.

New front tires, when I bought my Ex it had Toyos in front and Michelins in back. There was a sidewall nick on one of the Toyos so I replaced both fronts with tires matching my rears. Michelin Latitude Tour HP, 255/60R18. All four match now.

Also had an oil and filter change. Amsoil filter and oil.

Nice! I wish mine came with Michelins instead of the Hankooks..........

I do plan on changing the wheels when I find the some I really really really like, then use the stockers as "winter wheels". One question for you; when you lowered yours did you adjust the headlights? I drove mine last night for a few minutes and noticed the lights seen just a bit high since the back end is lowered more than the front.
Look at the FUEL ASSULTs.. If you have trouble finding them call Brandon at 502Performance.com (https://www.facebook.com/502Performance/) He will set you up in a big way.

Sorry if this was asked before but I tried searching the forums and really didn't find anything but does anybody know anyone that can do/get this? It's a custom job from AutoWorks Russia. I emailed them but never get a response. I also searched eBay but found nothing that I really liked. Any help would be appreciated.
Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 11.51.03 PM.png

All cleaned up and the AVS Aeroskin on the hood. Same exact as the Weathertech version, but 1/2 the price:

20170507_101347_zpstuqaxlfw.jpg
']
20170507_101347_zpstuqaxlfw.jpg
[/URL]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back