Which module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which module

Heinz A. Pedolzky

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
2005 Explorer, Thief's tried to steal the car, broke the steering column. Had it replaced, the new key programmed, mow my horn or cruise doesn't work. Also the air bag light is lit, so I'm not sure if the drivers side airbag works. I took the front of the steering wheel off (leather/plastic triangle), contains airbag and horn to see if something was unplugged, which it wasn't. I called the mechanic, but he doesn't have time to check right now. checked all the fuses, under dash and inside engine compartment, all are good. Now I'm thinking maybe a module is bad, but don't really know which one. Both worked before replacing the steering column.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dumb thieves, can't bypass PATS. (Well, if you have 2 new keys cut and want to sit in the car for 30 min with a laptop you can...)

No insurance or crime victim's assistance to just get it fixed properly at the dealer? Did they catch the thief? If so sue them for the damages.

Don't be messing with the airbag, it should be treated as a live explosive and left to professionals.

Clock spring.

Dumb thieves, can't bypass PATS. (Well, if you have 2 new keys cut and want to sit in the car for 30 min with a laptop you can...)

No insurance or crime victim's assistance to just get it fixed properly at the dealer? Did they catch the thief? If so sue them for the damages.

Don't be messing with the airbag, it should be treated as a live explosive and left to professionals.
They did not catch anyone. I had the new keys reprogramed for $70.00

Back