• Register Today It's free!

front wheel bearing damage

jgard

Reaction score
City, State
League City Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
so, the shop has been telling me for awhile that I needed to replace the front wheel bearings, but i kept putting it off and putting it off and well now I'm afraid that i may have cost myself even more money...

Today I pulled the front wheel and it looks like my spindle is worn. So how much wear is acceptable before I have to replace the Spindle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By front spindle do you mean your front axel? Are you referring to your frontvazel threads?

Sorry I meant front axel threads. I replaced my front left hub fairly recently and I'm just not sure which part you're referring too.

he must have a Rwd and the front rotor has bearings in it and it rides on a spindle.

If the spindle is worn, I would replace it. It holds on your tire, brakes, and is one of those key parts that do so much and takes a lot of abuse. Be safe. Dave P

If the spindle is worn, I would replace it. It holds on your tire, brakes, and is one of those key parts that do so much and takes a lot of abuse. Be safe. Dave P

Like Fox says. Better safe than sorry. Like you said you put it off and now you're feeling sorry about it so we could really use some pictures of the parts and worn areas you're talking about and then we could give you much better advice but as for now. Better safe than sorry.

Back