How much is it worth?

GingeRed11

Make Explorers Great Again!
Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer EB 4x4
hey guys just wanted to see how much you guys think my 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer is worth.
Mileage 158,x..
IMG_1187.JPG

Engine:
Completely stock 4.0 OHV
AC blows cold
Heat blows hot
K&N drop in filter with removed air box
Painted some of the plastic covers too

Tranny has no problems, overhauled at 60k
IMG_1192.JPG

Interior :
Leather no rips or tears
Kenwood deck
Gray interior no stains
Some headliner holes but nothing bad
Rubber heavy duty floor mats (not put down currently)

Mechanics:
Full powers windows all functioning
Front power leather seats (lumbar support on driver seat does not work)

Exterior : rear led brake lamps
Hoodvisor
Rough country off-road lights
Blacked out grille (not original) (still have original)
Roof racks removed (still have them)
Some overspray in various locations because of painting door and back panel black again
Tires on the front are different than tires on the back
Mirror on the left isn't power

IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG

Feel free to ask questions of anything I may have missed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, KBB is always gonna put there trucks no mare then $1500 with any options and really nice condition. Personally I would maybe say in the $1200-1500 if I was buying a car for myself. I would not go higher. But you know its all in what someone is willing to pay. I have seen SUPER clean 5.0 AWD leather interior etc etc explorers with low milage like less then 150k and they were post for $3100. Clean truck. Won't find anther around like that clean. But its not really worth 3k.

Well, KBB is always gonna put there trucks no mare then $1500 with any options and really nice condition. Personally I would maybe say in the $1200-1500 if I was buying a car for myself. I would not go higher. But you know its all in what someone is willing to pay. I have seen SUPER clean 5.0 AWD leather interior etc etc explorers with low milage like less then 150k and they were post for $3100. Clean truck. Won't find anther around like that clean. But its not really worth 3k.
Kbb says mine is between 1500-2300 depending the condition with all th features

It's worth holding on to. Looks and sounds like its in good shape.

You just need to get some new rims (and maybe spacers :shifty:) and a nice sounding muffler and you'll love it again.

Those 3 spoke wheels are abominable! :nono:

I was planning on possibly doing a 5 speed swap

Any Explorer with more than 150K miles that is NOT a 5.0L (and with the 4R70W transmission) is not worth more than $1000 IMO.
And if is SOHC, with the 5 speed, it's probably not even worth that.

Any used vehicle is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Being a 4.0L and 22 years old I think $1200 private-party sale is about all it's worth. Values vary by location, but where I live that's about the going rate. I recently sold a reasonably clean, well optioned 2000 XLT 5.0 2WD for $1700 and probably could have gotten more if I wanted to wait. I'd paid $1500 for it 2-3 years ago.

Yup. For $1200 (which is not much) it's worth more parked in case you or family needs a second vehicle especially considering you know the history and have taken care of it. Keep it around until the trans or motor lets go then part it out or scrap it. The only time we see Explorers that clean in Michigan is if they've never been here before.

I can understand also that you can get tired of looking at the same car everyday. Like Koda said, everything is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Slap some wax on er and put it on craigslist for $3,500...:dunno:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't think i have ever seen a factory pink one before.Honestly i think that might limit you to mostly female buyers.Some men will buy that color.The condition for the year is Mint tho.Its almost so mint that i could possibly look past the color.It would look nicer with some white letter Good years AT's or BFG AT's or at least some matching tires.

Agreed.

New tires (and rims) will make it look much better. Taking off the running boards could help to make it look less girly also. :p

Lurk craigslist for a deal on a set of wheels and tires then get what you can back out of those and then you'll be back pimping again in no time. :cool2:

Pink? Looks red to me.

That's my baby.White letters look very nice on these trucks.This is a RED color.The above truck is pink compared to this.

Red in color again.

I sold my '98 XLT 4x SOHC 213K miles in Sept of last year for $1500 exactly. It was is immaculate condition, but I do know I was pretty lucky to get that price.

so where are you out in putting it up for sale?
what do you need it for? how much use are you getting? need to tow a bit, larger room when traveling with 3 other adults? what?

thing is state fees and insurance for a 2nd vehicle can be expensive... not only that, as it ages, everything becomes brittle to work on...

in my opinion and experience that 98-01 are the ones to hold on to... nothing in the 02-06... and I've seen some beasts 07-08 with V8s that are awesome... This is not a classic to hold on to... it looks incredibly nice, but if you aint using it, let it go.

A well kept and maintained 4.0 SOHC is much better than an 4.0 OHV for utility purposes.

sell it over to a kid that needs it for about 1k plus or minus 200 and give him the maintenance records.... or over to a mother needing it for taking her kids around... I bet you're at at age to get that last one nice rig to have for that last 20 years of having a license... stop down at a dealership and sit in a new explorer.... take a new loaded one out with the wife for dinner and sunset... nothing to sweat for 10 years... quite nice.

This is the wrong time to sell your rig, it is a 4X4! Hang on to it and drive it gently, no more power braking and doing donuts and sell it in the late fall. Your rig, with the condition it is in, on a dealers lot that price would be 2500 and they would go down from there. If there were no bites or interest in it at that price they would go down to 2000 or 2100 and keep doing it until it sold, someone will look at it and say "it's worth it". Typically a 4X4 will get anywhere between 400 and 600 more in the winter time then they do in spring and summer. That is clearly the case over here in Illinois and it was that way in Washington state as well when I lived there. You will need to wax the hell out of it and put the chrome piece around the head lights back on but the freshly painted grill is awesome, don't change that. In the private market I would start at at least 1700-1800 and go down from there. In the late fall and winter people are looking for great rigs to buy in that exact price range because it is doable. The second Gen's are going to be ex-stinked here in a few years as I see less and less of these rigs around anymore that are in great shape, that is over here anyways maybe not so true else were. Should also state that this is IMHO.
Loquetus

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On a side note, these prices I have told you about are exceptable prices in this area "Providing" you have new rubber or even newish rubber on it.
Loquetus

Back