Goodbye | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodbye

Eltee

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In a high desert city not far from ghost towns ...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
4WD
My beloved 2005 Sport Trac XLT is gone so I will no longer be active on this site. I needed a vehicle with more seating so I got a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT.

Ironically when I brought the new Exp home, a neighbor asked if I was selling my Trac. We struck a deal and now my old Trac is in the driveway directly across from me. The new owner had the cladding touched up and had a full detail on it and it looks better than ever. Sort of like a neighbor stealing your wife, getting her a makeover, and showing her off to you. :)

Here's my old Trac. I enjoyed all the mod projects I'd done over the years, some inspired by this site.

THANKS to all for the information when I had a question, a problem, an idea, etc.

I'll be over at the 5th Gen Explorer thread but I will pop back once in a while. Be well.
DSC01742.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Enjoy your new explorer!

Report back pros and cons of the explorer after a few months. I have thought hard about getting one. Then I do something like cut a tree down or bring 2 smokers to a bbq competition and realize I need a bed of a truck.

Why leave, you still have an Explorer.

I'm only leaving the 2001-2005 group, still staying with the forum but moving to the Gen 5 group.

Back