Power seat help

Mastertech 57

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 exploder eddie bauer
02 Exploder
Any fixes for the power seat main track driver mechanism?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So much to go wrong! Got memory seat? Got power supply correct? Got dead motor? Got stripped gears? Who can guess from here?

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm sorry I didn't include more specifics. I would definitely appreciate any input on this. Motor and drive cables are fine. Seems like the main gear mechanisms attached to the motor driven cables that drive the threaded rods that facilitate moving the seat tracks forward and backwards are stripped. The assembly seems non- serviceable due to rivets and not threaded fasteners. Even if I took the assembly apart, where would one find the gears or the gear assembly to replace the defective ones? The only parts I've found are the entire seat bottoms with the tracks and motors for about 200
2002 Exploder, power memory seat with heaters and knob driven lumbar wedge.
Thanks, Mastertech 57

Junque Yard. The cushions are swapable to any frame that fits your year. Be careful, the 2005 drivers seat is 1 year only.

Thanks 12, does anyone know who manufacturers the sest tra

I just had that very same issue and found out junk yards think 01 X is same as an 02 X but with my 02 X it had different plugs. I only had a 4 way non memory and non heated. After ordering 3 different seats from online and 1 trip to junk yard I found the seat with the right plugs small grey black and the yellow plug in an 03 X. Cost me 55 bucks and 5 hours of swapping my back Frame, seat belt, cushions and fabric over.. Tip is make sure wiring connections (plugs) are good and battery test new seat first. Many are posted on ebay right now

Thx Zon, yes was asking who manufacturers the seat track assembly for ford

Thx Zon, yes was asking who manufacturers the seat track assembly for ford

we'll what I could find out is the countrys they where made . Most was made in Mexico some Canada some China, I can't find a manufacturer so I'm wondering if it's Ford themselves

Back