Decided to bring it back to life

zhanx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Up state NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
Its been still for a long while. I had to scrap the moss off it. The tires haven't been on it, in about 7 years (the 37s) it feels. But after a hard day of work. Its alive. Still got a lot to do on it but, its running again! (finished off the day by washing it)

http://imgur.com/a/ufMS9

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking really good!

You did all of that in 1 day? Very good! Looks amazing. Where did you get those white steelies? They look like those old Baja Bug wheels.

You did all of that in 1 day? Very good! Looks amazing. Where did you get those white steelies? They look like those old Baja Bug wheels.
had the wheels, but they sat for a long time, heck they actually still have moss on them.

Ordered a ton from rock auto. new front calipers, they are setup. rear diff seal, all filters, new pads and rotors all the way around. axle seals for the front. all new shocks. Need springs in the rear but that can wait. Found my vacuum leak tonight that is fixed. Power steering pump is LOUD. Fixed the steering shaft with an ford f-150 shaft and a welder, box is still loose.

did i say i still got work to do?

edit oh yea i got the white steelies from summit in 06

found my vacuum leak, line was rotted out, tomorrow i am changing all fluids. its this close to being ready for the road >----------------------------<

gonna use this as a running log i guess.

I bypassed PATS (and no I will not tell you on here how to bypass pats. @Rick would shoot me) and swap out the ECM for one out of a manual. Only code I get now is p0340 (from reading I need to check the alt and Crankshaft position sensor to resolve it)

Do out list right now:
  1. to re-bleed the brakes. once i make the trip to town to get more fluid.
  2. plugs and wires
  3. oil and filters (don't forget to check the transfer case fluid
  4. axle shaft seal drivers side is leaking
  5. put the dash back together
  6. wiring, lots and lots of wiring
  7. fix the radio and amps oh look 1 amp was missing o_O
  8. don't find or make more problems

New wheel studs installed. along with new lug nuts. Oh so much fun doing that.

If anyone that details sees this. whats a good way to get oil stains out of carpet?

Rent a rug doctor and go to town it's some work but it does a pretty good job

Back