HELP - name this hose?!?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP - name this hose?!?!

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L
I am in the process of replacing the original radiator on my 98 Exploder 5.0L. Figured I'd go ahead and replace water pump while I was in there since there was tons of rust and grit in the coolant system. (flushed system with prestone kit before removing busted radiator)

While removing hoses from water pump, discovered one already cracked (short stumpy bypass hose) and the other starting to disintegrate. I have been completely unsuccessful in finding the name of this hose so that I can place my order with RockAuto... can someone PLEASE tell me what the actual term is for this thing? I have pirated a previously posted photo of the same engine from another member on this site, and edited to indicate the hose I'm looking for.

I know I could take it in to the parts store and probably get a match, but they charge double RockAuto's prices and I am happy to wait the 2 days it takes for delivery.

Anyone?

water pump hoses.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heater hose

Gotta love rock auto. Ordered hoses Wednesday night. They arrived in TN from CA on Saturday. Super service.

did you order that hose? its a motocraft kh581. i know. its a ***** finding it on rock auto. had to call my local dealer to get the number.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...98-explorer-sport.234672/page-84#post-3565408

I ordered the heater hose and just cut the bottom off to fit the 5/8" end on the water pump. Worked like a charm and got everything buttoned up, then find that my brand new failsafe thermos blew open. Smh. But, new heavy duty radiator and new water pump and hoses.

Back