*DIY homelink garage opener to LED Conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*DIY homelink garage opener to LED Conversion

fedyfedz

Reaction score
City, State
Suffolk County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 limited v8
You ever notice that annoying homelink thing that is supposed to program a garage door or something of that nature? I have and i barely use my garage or would use that feature so I decided to convert it to something cooler that I would use. Not sure if the name is homelink or not so someone can correct me if im wrong but you get the idea...

Tools And Materials:
torx head
dremmel and atachments
duct tape
jb weld

(dead links)

1. Remove fixture that holds light, sunroof button(if you have it), and homelink, just pull down on it and it will pop free.

2. unplug the three conections

now you have it in your hands, there is a couple of torx screws i believe that come off and homelink pops right out.

then i picked up this from pepboys

I ripped one of the buttons off the homelink i removed and shaved it down slightly and placed it to meet with button. Once I seen that it worked properly i put a dab of crazy glue on the tip of the button. I then used jb weld and duck tape to do the job.

it really is alot brighter in person
enjoy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looka good man!!!
u should buy two more sets, put one under the drivers seat and one under the passenger seat, it'll light up everyone's feet. looks nice at night

pretty cool mod, good job :thumbsup:

I actually wish I had homelink though lol.

sounds like a good use for the homelink i use my parents garage but the stupid thing never programmed, so it never worked, and i still use the big bulky stock garage door opener

looka good man!!!
u should buy two more sets, put one under the drivers seat and one under the passenger seat, it'll light up everyone's feet. looks nice at night

i will be getting tome tubes for under the seats which will light up a little brighter than these but thats my next step

hey fedy, do you still have the homelink module? mine went bad and wont even light up anymore and i was wondering if youd be interested in selling yours?

hey fedy, do you still have the homelink module? mine went bad and wont even light up anymore and i was wondering if youd be interested in selling yours?

unfortunately i threw it out I wasn't thinking at the time.

You ever notice that annoying homelink thing that is supposed to program a garage door or something of that nature? I have and i barely use my garage or would use that feature so I decided to convert it to something cooler that I would use. Not sure if the name is homelink or not so someone can correct me if im wrong but you get the idea...
@fedyfedz I'm very interested in what you did but I can't see the pics. Any chance you can update this?

(dead links)

to much work to re do post here is a link to all the pics and mods i had that i posted on this forum:

(dead links)

Back