Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

The door keypad on my wife's 2013 Limited stopped working about 3 months ago. The keypad lights up when you touch it, but you can no longer lock or unlock the vehicle. One feature my wife loves is being able to leave the key fob in the truck, lock the doors and not worry about it. We had the truck valet'd one day and ever since then it stopped working. I can't even program a new code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just took delivery of a 2013 about 3 weeks ago. The factory code locks OK but pressing 7/8 9/0 does not lock (it does light up). Is the keypad overly fussy about the timing ? Or is probably defective ?

I just took delivery of a 2013 about 3 weeks ago. The factory code locks OK but pressing 7/8 9/0 does not lock (it does light up). Is the keypad overly fussy about the timing ? Or is probably defective ?
Did you hold both down at the same time? That is what is required.

Peter

Yes I did . I have it also on my F150,so I am familiar with the operation.. The Explorer 'flush mount' keypad has no tactile feel however.

I've been told my Securicode keypad needs to be replaced (the invisible keypad). Anybody know the part number? How hard can it be to replace?
Not real fond of my dealer....$500 repair estimate..

I've been told my Securicode keypad needs to be replaced (the invisible keypad). Anybody know the part number? How hard can it be to replace?
Not real fond of my dealer....$500 repair estimate..
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Applique, LEFT - 2012 Ford Explorer (DB5Z7820555AB)
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...im-front-door-scat/?part_number=db5z7820555ab
It was also mentioned in post #71 but not with the actual part number. A member has replaced his and I believe it involved removing the interior panel to access the keypad and wiring.

Peter

I've had this same issue and the dealer diagnosed a defective keyless entry pad. They want $600 to replace. I can pick one up online for $250. Does anyone know if I were to do that, a) how difficult removing the trim piece would be and b) would the replacement part (DB5Z-7820555-AB) come with a new code or how would I would program it?

I've had this same issue and the dealer diagnosed a defective keyless entry pad. They want $600 to replace. I can pick one up online for $250. Does anyone know if I were to do that, a) how difficult removing the trim piece would be and b) would the replacement part (DB5Z-7820555-AB) come with a new code or how would I would program it?

Anybody know what it takes to replace this door "APPLIQUE" that includes the touch panel? Since this part appears to fail pretty regularly, I'm hoping somebody had done this and could describe the replacement procedure. I wouldn't hassle with it, but I've become accustomed to this feature since the first push button units 12 years ago. I'll order it and hope somebody here has an idea how to replace this unit.

A fellow member posted in this thread on how to replace the pad; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...or-pad-not-working.418723/page-4#post-3534051
As indicated in that post, the current code should work. It isn't stored in the pad itself.

Peter

SECURICODE keypad has never worked!

I bought at 2013 Explorer in August of 2012 and from my first attempt to use the keypad code on the door it never worked. Since then time has gone by, life has been busy, I never took it in to get looked at, and now here I am out of warranty and it is still not working! :(

It lights up, locks itself when I touch the numbers too many times (like it is supposed to do) and even let me add a new personal code to it from my touch screen in the vehicle. Yet STILL, neither code works, it does not lock, it does not unlock, nor does it open lift gate.

It just lights up, stares at me, and laughs.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?
I bought a 2013 in august of 2012 also and while doing a walk around with the salesman before signing the papers I noticed mine didn't work. They had new ones in stock. We went and ate lunch (salesman paid) got back new one was installed, signed papers, happy ever after.

A fellow member posted in this thread on how to replace the pad; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...or-pad-not-working.418723/page-4#post-3534051
As indicated in that post, the current code should work. It isn't stored in the pad itself.

Peter

I ordered the part a long time ago and paid for it. Now Ford is telling me they already installed it which isnt possible since my code only works about 5% of the time. In order for me to prove they didnt replace it I want to:

1. Show them it clearly doesnt work reliably when trying to unlock with my code. Even hitting 7/8 & 9/0 simultaneously doesnt lock the doors.

2. Does installing a new keypad mean the entire plastic piece that you touch also get replaced? If so, then that piece should look considerably newer then the plastic on the passenger door right? It doesnt.

3. Even if they did replace it in April 2016, how could i have the same problem a little over a year later?

Please confirm i'm not crazy. Thanks All !

I ordered the part a long time ago and paid for it. Now Ford is telling me they already installed it which isnt possible since my code only works about 5% of the time. In order for me to prove they didnt replace it I want to:

1. Show them it clearly doesnt work reliably when trying to unlock with my code. Even hitting 7/8 & 9/0 simultaneously doesnt lock the doors.

2. Does installing a new keypad mean the entire plastic piece that you touch also get replaced? If so, then that piece should look considerably newer then the plastic on the passenger door right? It doesnt.

3. Even if they did replace it in April 2016, how could i have the same problem a little over a year later?

Please confirm i'm not crazy. Thanks All !
I believe the Securicode panel is a separate item and not part of the door molding. Trying to find that now on the parts site. So far no luck.

Peter

I believe the Securicode panel is a separate item and not part of the door molding. Trying to find that now on the parts site. So far no luck.

Peter

Thanks for checking.

Are points 1 and 3 valid to prove they didnt install it?

In reading the post linked in #209 above, it seems that the pad is part of the black molding or applique as shown in the parts diagram;
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-front-door-scat
It would be difficult to tell if much time has passed since it was installed although having the same issues is suspicious. How long ago was it supposedly replaced.
Most genuine Ford parts have 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. https://www.fordparts.com/FileUploa.../Service parts warranty statement_10.1.13.pdf

Peter

In reading the post linked in #209 above, it seems that the pad is part of the black molding or applique as shown in the parts diagram;
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-front-door-scat
It would be difficult to tell if much time has passed since it was installed although having the same issues is suspicious. How long ago was it supposedly replaced.
Most genuine Ford parts have 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. https://www.fordparts.com/FileUploads/RichTextboxImages/file/Service parts warranty statement_10.1.13.pdf

Peter

At most it was replaced in April 2016 but could have been done later than that. I'm waiting for my wife to confirm that. She's there now.

Peter

Hello,

I can confirm the Securicode panel is part of the entire moulding. Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Hoping for a smooth install on Monday or Tuesday.

Hello,

I can confirm the Securicode panel is part of the entire moulding. Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Hoping for a smooth install on Monday or Tuesday.

Any chance you can snap a picture of it? Thanks.

Any chance you can snap a picture of it? Thanks.

I'm out of town right now. But google image search the part number DB5Z-7820555-AB and it's the first pic that comes up. I'm hoping to document the replacement process for others to use as I can't find a YouTube vid or photo instructions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm out of town right now. But google image search the part number DB5Z-7820555-AB and it's the first pic that comes up. I'm hoping to document the replacement process for others to use as I can't find a YouTube vid or photo instructions

Thanks. I just looked at my invoice and it says they installed a new one. Look at the part it proves that if they replaced the panel it would have i would have noticed a new, shiny, and scratch free panel and it would have worked. The new plastic panel would have stood out especially since i'm very keen to scratches and such. Either way, as PeterK9 showed me, the part should have a 2 year warranty so all these points should be moot. Then again, and not sure why, my invoice says parts have a 1 year warranty. I'm calling them now, i'll let you know what happens. Cant wait to see your install video.

Back