Request assistance from Ford Parts Rep | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Request assistance from Ford Parts Rep

grimloktt

Reaction score
City, State
MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Hello. I was told this camera was OEM when I bought it. Can someone who has familiarity with the box packaging and is sure of their answer provide insight whether this part is OEM? If possible, perhaps post a picture of the OEM part/box?

https://goo.gl/photos/vabrBFKFRCohjHAN7

This is supposed to be a rear backup camera for 2011 Ford Explorer.

Thnx!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you buy it and do you have the actual part number for the rearview camera? There are no Ford reps on this Forum.
Also, please update your profile by adding the Required/Requested 'Trim Level' (Base, XLT, etc.) so it appears in the margin. I believe the cameras for all trims may be the same but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Peter

Let me get this straight, you want someone from a Ford dealer to confirm your buying the right part from someone else? I understand your probably trying to save a few bucks but that's like getting an estimate from a contractor to get a deck built only to steal his ideas to try to do it yourself and never use them.

If it doesnt have a ford part number right on it or on the box it's probably not authentic. The pic you posted does not look like any Ford packaging I have ever seen. You always get what you pay for with electronics.

An online image search turned up this box photographed and posted by Quirk Ford, which is the largest Ford dealership in Massachusetts. Note the typical Ford blue color on the exterior of the box, with the part number and description printed on a white label stuck to the end-flap.

You may have an OEM camera, but your box does not look like the box in the photo provided by a known genuine Ford dealership.

BB5Z19G490A_7.jpg

Let me get this straight, you want someone from a Ford dealer to confirm your buying the right part from someone else? I understand your probably trying to save a few bucks but that's like getting an estimate from a contractor to get a deck built only to steal his ideas to try to do it yourself and never use them.
Agree 100%. One of the reasons I quit the A/V business. On MANY occasions had customers come into my store to see product and get information, only to have them buy it on line or another store matching my price. Then they had the audacity to call our store for information or technical details when the source they purchased from couldn't or wouldn't answer their questions. Seems everything's price driven anymore, until people need advice and guidance from qualified dealers. JMO

If it doesnt have a ford part number right on it or on the box it's probably not authentic. The pic you posted does not look like any Ford packaging I have ever seen. You always get what you pay for with electronics.

I'll argue you're partially straight but won't muddy the thread with why. I agree w/ the latter part of your post.

An online image search turned up this box photographed and posted by Quirk Ford, which is the largest Ford dealership in Massachusetts. Note the typical Ford blue color on the exterior of the box, with the part number and description printed on a white label stuck to the end-flap.

You may have an OEM camera, but your box does not look like the box in the photo provided by a known genuine Ford dealership.

Thnx. Agreed.

Back