93 explorer won't start not getting fuel. Need advice please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 explorer won't start not getting fuel. Need advice please!

Dprink

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer
Was running great except a couple minor things we were fixing already. We went to leave the other night and not really getting up to speed so pulled over to see if a plug was loose or something tried starting and would turn over but that's it.

Today scanned for codes and got codes: 122, 335, 513, 565 & 542. Mostly concerned with 513 and 542, especially with 542. But I checked the reset, and checked fuel pump engages. Also, now won't even turn over not sure if it's a bad battery or if it's too dead.

Please any advice will be helpful. I just recently bought this car, I'm not used to Ford's and I don't have any experience with cars not getting fuel. I've been looking in manual, trying to Google it but I can't find anything that sounds enough like my issue. Thank you.

According to my list, KOEO 513 indicates an internal failure in the PCM, with very little other diagnostic information. I might search out more detail, but my first impression is that this code would suggest that you need a new PCM, which is where I would probably start in this case. With a new PCM (or other resolution to the 513) in place, then see which of the other codes come back, and go from there.

Back