How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would this also allow viewing the front camera while in motion? Any way to enable to rear?

Keep in mind that is for Sync 2 and 2017 is on Sync 3...so far I have not found a way to do that yet.

I have a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport. I dropped my surface and it smashed and is not functional. It had all my backups on it for my as built data. Is there a way to reset everything back to stock? My main complaint worry right now is my factory led fog-lights are flickering and I need to bring it to the dealer. I have also notice since performing some modifications that the blinker blinks very fast (which is super annoying) and when the headlights are in the auto position they default to on regardless of lighting conditions.

Thanks

Lee

I have a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport. I dropped my surface and it smashed and is not functional. It had all my backups on it for my as built data. Is there a way to reset everything back to stock? My main complaint worry right now is my factory led fog-lights are flickering and I need to bring it to the dealer. I have also notice since performing some modifications that the blinker blinks very fast (which is super annoying) and when the headlights are in the auto position they default to on regardless of lighting conditions.

Thanks

Lee

Sorry to hear that but this might be a good time to remind people to backup their backups.

I have mine synced with two different computers because you never know what can happen.

As far as the blinker, I think there is a forscan change you can do to disable the hyperflash.

Sorry to hear that but this might be a good time to remind people to backup their backups.

I have mine synced with two different computers because you never know what can happen.

As far as the blinker, I think there is a forscan change you can do to disable the hyperflash.
Can I use the as built data from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/Details and repopulate it or will the dealer just overwrite what is there when I bring it in for service.

Thanks

Lee
I can send you my stock 2016 Sport AB files later tonight.
PM me your personal email address.

Where does forscan save the file? I haven't been able to find it on my computer. Up until now I've just been keeping a change log in a text file.

Where does forscan save the file? I haven't been able to find it on my computer. Up until now I've just been keeping a change log in a text file.
When you go into each module that you are changing there is a load and save button at the bottom. You have to save them yourself and it allows you to select where when you do it.

When you go into each module that you are changing there is a load and save button at the bottom. You have to save them yourself and it allows you to select where when you do it.
Great thanks!

Has anyone noticed abnormalities when programming their vehicles?

I have a 2017 and a 2016 PIU. When I added courtesy light disable (aka Dark/Silent car), it required different changes in the 2017 vs the 2016.

For the 2017, I had to make 2 changes in the BCM for the feature to work and then 1 more change in the IPC to activate the 'silent mode' menu option.

For the 2016, it came with the courtesy light disable feature from the factory and had 1 of the BCM changes. When I tried to add the other change and the IPC change, it didn't work - courtesy light disable feature stayed enabled and changing the menu setting did nothing. I had to remove both the changes to the BCM and just add the change for the IPC and then I was able to enable/disable silent car in the IPC menu.

Is it just due to feature differences between the vehicles (one has more features than the other) or are there other differences between 16 and 17 software or hardware that may cause some changes not to work the same?

I believe I read that there are some differences between the 2016 and 2017 models as far as some of the software goes.

Peter

Has anyone noticed abnormalities when programming their vehicles?

I have a 2017 and a 2016 PIU. When I added courtesy light disable (aka Dark/Silent car), it required different changes in the 2017 vs the 2016.

For the 2017, I had to make 2 changes in the BCM for the feature to work and then 1 more change in the IPC to activate the 'silent mode' menu option.

For the 2016, it came with the courtesy light disable feature from the factory and had 1 of the BCM changes. When I tried to add the other change and the IPC change, it didn't work - courtesy light disable feature stayed enabled and changing the menu setting did nothing. I had to remove both the changes to the BCM and just add the change for the IPC and then I was able to enable/disable silent car in the IPC menu.

Is it just due to feature differences between the vehicles (one has more features than the other) or are there other differences between 16 and 17 software or hardware that may cause some changes not to work the same?

Can you tell me what the IPC change you made was? I tried the IPC change from the Forscan Spreadsheet but could not enable the "silent mode" menu option.

Thanks.

Can you tell me what the IPC change you made was? I tried the IPC change from the Forscan Spreadsheet but could not enable the "silent mode" menu option.

Thanks.
IPC 720-04-01 (bit 13 from 0 to 1) - this enabled the silent mode option in the IPC menu for both my 2016 and 2017.

My asbuilt hex data for that entry was same for both vehicles - C400 0000 00F0 - changing bit 13 to a 1 changed the hex to C404 0000 00F4

What Forscan spreadsheet were you using? There seem to be so many out there and they seem to share as much good info as they do bad info.

hi, thx, That's really what I am looking for , did you do revision rather than below ?

BCM 726-16-02 0101 0101 0049DRL (Cluster Control 1 enabled)
BCM 726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx
IPC 720-02-01 xxEx xxxx xxxx (Daytime Lights option & Lane Keeping System present in Settings)
OR
IPC 720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx (Daytime Lights option present & Lane Keeping System absent in Settings)

Have you found the answer ?
I managed to change the DRL from front high beam to fog lights or to turn signal lights, but I can´t find the right configuration for using the LED signature lights.

726-26-02 x*xx xxxx xxxx DRL Include Park Lamps: 1=enable, 0=disable
This enables the back LED signature lights, but not the front ones.

IPC 720-04-01 (bit 13 from 0 to 1) - this enabled the silent mode option in the IPC menu for both my 2016 and 2017.

My asbuilt hex data for that entry was same for both vehicles - C400 0000 00F0 - changing bit 13 to a 1 changed the hex to C404 0000 00F4

What Forscan spreadsheet were you using? There seem to be so many out there and they seem to share as much good info as they do bad info.

That's the one I tried and it did not like it at all (wouldn't write).

Here are the spreadsheets I use as reference:

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#FORScan_2011-2018_Explorers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JHLK2oCBe-E5om9VNeY6e3NwboO9Em0dDBZIgUVyGxc/edit

I have PIUs with the base cluster, so I can only guess that the IPC menu setting may not be the same in the other model clusters/module firmware.

I have looked at both of those sheets and there is some stuff that is incomplete and other stuff that just doesn't work as indicated. I've found a few non-english sites that have some forscan info on the explorers also, but it is time consuming running stuff through google translate and then trying to understand the translation sometimes.

Have you found the answer ?
I managed to change the DRL from front high beam to fog lights or to turn signal lights, but I can´t find the right configuration for using the LED signature lights.

726-26-02 x*xx xxxx xxxx DRL Include Park Lamps: 1=enable, 0=disable
This enables the back LED signature lights, but not the front ones.

hi, no luck so far, there is no way to make front signature lights as DRL as so many combination tried. I am starting doubt the CA version or US version has some physical difference , or must be somewhere tricky ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it prompted the additional HW is needed , right? not sure what HW it is..

I'm guessing hardware, for instance if you are trying to enable heated steering wheel you cannot just enable it and have it work if you do not have the hardware for it.

Back