IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades! | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Those UCA's look great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:salute:Your welcome.

They are pure beef DOM tube, and very well built. Uniballs are rebuild able, but doubt they will ever need it as they are maintenance free, and stout!

Hey gmanpaint.....how are those uca's holding up with those uniballs? Thanks

Hey gmanpaint.....how are those uca's holding up with those uniballs? Thanks

Wheeled it in Moab, and SMORR, and beat on it pretty good at times. No problems, held the alignment, and look as good as the day they was installed.

Thinking of getting a set?

I know I want to go with the coilover setup over the t-bars someday. Seen some of them on here....nice! Maybe some Fox coilovers.
Your's are bad-ass. :chug: Thanks for the link! Wow....pretty pricey. $625. It'll be my next set of uca's though. I love the look and especially the uniballs!!!

About three or four yrs ago I upgraded with the Raybestos Pro Grade uca's, lca's, inner and outer tie rods. I too had the loose fitting tbars in the lca's. Not as bad as some on here but I'd hear a clunk in the front end when I'd hit a bump. :frustrated: It seemed to quiet down some when I took the sway bar off....maybe some of the noice was that. Junky Superlift sway bar links! :mad: Then the boots on the HD ball joints and outer tie rods started puking grease....not a big deal, just have to make sure I grease them here and there. :hammer:

Gman, how do you like the coilover setup.....street and off-road? :burnout:

Have you heard of any tie rods with uniballs on them. Maybe Dixon Bros has some.

Gman, how do you like the coilover setup.....street and off-road? :burnout:

Have you heard of any tie rods with uniballs on them. Maybe Dixon Bros has some.

Love the coil overs all around compared to T-bars. My setup is stiff suspension wise, but the ride comfort is 100 times softer then T-bars are.

Yes, Dixon Bros made a nice set of expensive uniball tie rods at one time, but since Vegas fab took over, I'm not sure if they still do anymore.

Love the coil overs all around compared to T-bars. My setup is stiff suspension wise, but the ride comfort is 100 times softer then T-bars are.

Yes, Dixon Bros made a nice set of expensive uniball tie rods at one time, but since Vegas fab took over, I'm not sure if they still do anymore.
I'm jealous. :bow:. someday.

Thanks, I like hearing that about the ride. I also plan to rebuild my latest truck with the BTF control arms, and the coil over springs/shocks. I hope they help the ride as much for my lower ride height. I swapped to the "B" bars and it's always been fairly stiff riding in front, even with the old "soft" T-bars.

gmanpaint,
I need some info as I'm deciding on the BTF UCA's for my RCD coilover lifted '99 2dr sport.
how much is your coilover setup lifted ?, and were there any problems with these BTF UCA's bolting right in ?? , any info you can offer would be great .

Also,
I plan on replacing my original lower control arms , and I'm thinking of going with the Napa HD lower control arms as well as the inner/outer tie rods......
{ I read there was an issue with hex port for the torsion bars, but since I have coilovers , that shouldn't be a problem}

if you see any red flags with where i'm headed please chime in !

one last question, what coil springs are you running , brand, lb., Height, etc....

Thanks ,
Bill

gmanpaint,
I need some info as I'm deciding on the BTF UCA's for my RCD coilover lifted '99 2dr sport.
how much is your coilover setup lifted ?, and were there any problems with these BTF UCA's bolting right in ?? , any info you can offer would be great .

Also,
I plan on replacing my original lower control arms , and I'm thinking of going with the Napa HD lower control arms as well as the inner/outer tie rods......
{ I read there was an issue with hex port for the torsion bars, but since I have coilovers , that shouldn't be a problem}

if you see any red flags with where i'm headed please chime in !

one last question, what coil springs are you running , brand, lb., Height, etc....

Thanks ,
Bill

Hi Bill, what do those NAPA LCA's cost? I've bought the Moog units recently, and they were from $110 to $125.

Bill,
The Eibach 2.5"x 12"x750 lb coils provide 2,00"-2.25" of lift. I run 12" coils on a 6" stroke shock. Tight fit, but I have no coil bind, and only use 40-50% of the shock tube threads after the lift. (I could keep going for more, if I had 2wd). I tried 650 lb coils, but had bind after it settled, and lost half the lift. About to try a set of 700 lb, as the 750's are a bit stiff for me. PAC Racing makes some nice coils, and I might give them a try if these new Eibachs don't work for me.

The hardest part for my install of the BTF UCA's was fitment into the mounts. I had to use a big dead blow as they are a super tight fit. At least mine was. They have to be dead on straight even when pushing them inward. Other then that, the rest is a breeze. They give a smooth trouble free articulation. They push the top of the knuckle outward a bit more then stock arms, giving more coil clearance, and a proper alignment with larger tires.

I have thought about getting a set of new LCA's, and bolting some skid plates to them. I also looked at the Napa arms. I wouldn't worry about them Hex inlets, as you said, ...Coilovers FTW!!

thanks gmanpaint ,
sounds as though it will work for me as we pretty much have similar coilover setups.
I'm running eibach 2.5 , 12" 800 lb , the shocks came originally with 600 lb and they were a joke, then tried 750, but I needed to adjust the spanner nut often. { always had trouble getting it dialed in } , the 800 lb although not perfect {stiff} are my best springs to date.

but with that said, I'm ready for a turn on the drivers side nut as it has softened up a bit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What coil-over spring and shock combo would you guys recommend for ditching the T-bars on a rig with factory ride height? What would be a reasonable price to have them installed at a fab shop? The clunking at the key pads on my 96 is starting to get to me.

Back