How many of you got Mustangs? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many of you got Mustangs?

Originally posted by leenjen
my dad has a 1969 mustang mach I. it has a 351 ci V-8. it's a cool looking car, and it's pretty quick. but he rarely takes it out of his garage.

no kidding, its value is up in the 20s. I was looking at them last year, and the smaller engines were about 5 to 10K, but when a 351 was in you could add 10 k tothe value. Plus with the mach 1 comming back, its value may increase even more, or less. but my bet would be more.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would love to have a 70 boss:D

Shelby GT 500 or a BOSS would cover my needs :D

or even better shelby gt 500 convertible only 23 made

I had a '70 Vert, forest green with a 302. :D

I drove a red '97 wanna-be GT (It had rear spoiler, dual exaust, 18" rims, etc, but still had the 6 :rolleyes: ) . . and then my sister went and near totalled it. . .3 different times :shoot: Every panel on that car had been replaced/painted by the time we sold it.

Man was it a pain to get in and out of. . . thats why I bought my Ex :)

I dunno, as far as reliability, I think they both suck pretty bad, mustangs and f-bodies.

If they make the F-body FWD who is gonna buy it? I'll make a trip to the dealer late on night just to piss on one.

For the recored as completely stock camaro ss which you can pick up for just $20,870 list price will run 13.9 in the 1/4 with street tires, and a mustang cobra which is $27,470 list price will run it in 14.1 again, stock. Now you guys may be mustang fans for reasons such as looks, sounds, or aftermarket but how can ya tell me a mustang is a better value out the lot?

I've got a '65 convertible. My other project.

Originally posted by red96camaro
Now you guys may be mustang fans for reasons such as looks, sounds, or aftermarket but how can ya tell me a mustang is a better value out the lot?
There are so many other things besides going fast in having a car. I mean, there is always gonna be a faster car than what you have. Mustangs look SWEET, and everyone knows it.

Mustangs are cool. My aunt had a 92' GT and my friend a 93' LX notchback. I still see the 92' around in Florida, but the 93' got into a collision last year and was totaled out by the insurance (yet I have more than a minor hunch that it was fixable). Right now me and some friends are toying with pulling it out of the wrecker yard and putting another lease on life for it.

There are plenty of parts car around:D

I dunno, as far as reliability, I think they both suck pretty bad, mustangs and f-bodies.

If they make the F-body FWD who is gonna buy it? I'll make a trip to the dealer late on night just to piss on one.

For the recored as completely stock camaro ss which you can pick up for just $20,870 list price will run 13.9 in the 1/4 with street tires, and a mustang cobra which is $27,470 list price will run it in 14.1 again, stock. Now you guys may be mustang fans for reasons such as looks, sounds, or aftermarket but how can ya tell me a mustang is a better value out the lot?

dude i hate to pop ur bubble but your wrong. if a camaro SSs only sold at 20K everyone would have one. The Camaro SS start at like 28 or 29. The only reason they both suck to you, is because your facts are wrong. Yes you could get a used a SS for that much, but get a 93 Cobra for 10, and swap a 4 k blower on there and kiss any SS goodbye. For starters, my GT can run 14.1 Stock. The SS should be lower 13s if not high 12s. the Cobra is right above that, but then again look next year. 2003 Cobra, 400 HP, and no Camaro SS. The value is just general everyting. Reliability, comfort, options, looks, and performance. Yes the camaros take the performance, but GMs have the idiot sized button, crap seats, the windsheild is like a mile away, and they have terrible rear end problems. As a Mustang owner i find this funny. Even the Ford Mustang Mach 1 ran 12.97 NA. Only 300hp....The SS is suppose to put out 320 or more, it should be way better then 13.9. It would only take a NOS kit on a stock GT to get performance right around the SS. So for the money, i think the camaro would be the best deal for raw power. But if your taking it on the road, and expect to use it as a daily driver, then your easy to please, or wrong.

I had a '73 Mach One (351 Cleveland), the last year of the real Mustang! The rest of the '70s sucked. The only good one for the '80s was the LS 5.0 Coupe. And the '90s produced the Jason Priestly 90201 pony. hehe No thanks!

Robb

2001gtboy

I didn't even bother reading your whole post. Those numbers are right out of R&T, sorry man, I don't think they are lying. lol. If you think an american car is reliable good for you. If I baught I vehicle that I wanted to be reliable it would be some jap crap, but I usually keep other things over reliability :D

www.ford.com
www.gm.com

youll get your prices

meet me at any track and ill give you your numbers.:)

R/T driver suck. Look at their consumer reports, find people who own and drive their sports cars and compare the daily driver's time with the R/T times and youll see how bad. I think they ran a GT at 14.9, maybe their leaving the parking brake on.

Well, I replied to get people to consider cars beyond ford like I did when I baught my explorer and I'm damn glad I didn't get a blazer just cause I loved my camaro. Whatever. When my camaro is on the road I will meet all the stang lovers at the track :D and we can race for big $$$$

If they make the F-body FWD who is gonna buy it?

that was like asking: "if they make the explorer with IRS, who is gonna buy it?" there are a lot of 2002s on the road.

and the mercury cougar became FWD for the 99 model year. there are a lot of 99-02 cougars driving around(but they wont be making them next year).

Just to weigh in here, I used to have a Stang. A 1990, 5.0 LX. At the time, it was the best performance to dollar ratio around. I think it was 14 grand out the door loaded.

I miss that car!

Tom, the 5.0s is where ford had chevy beat in the low end muscle car arena :-(

Those engines could take a lot of build up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha, id race for cash, but its all in my car. and if i were drunk enough to race for pink slips, id be to drunk to find my car to begin with. so no racing for money on my part:D the 5.0s were great. sadly the 4.6 is too new and still being developed. Its also a very weak engine, and need lots of reinforcement before you can safely get any boost in there.

Back