I'm about to pull the trigger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm about to pull the trigger

Status Update: I ended up purchasing a 2016 Edge Titanium with the I4 Ecoboost Engine. I was dead set on getting an Explorer, but the Edge won out in the end. My wife, son, and I really enjoy it so far. Thank you all for your input and time!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status Update: I ended up purchasing a 2016 Edge Titanium with the I4 Ecoboost Engine. I was dead set on getting an Explorer, but the Edge won out in the end. My wife, son, and I really enjoy it so far. Thank you all for your input and time!
Good luck with the new vehicle and thanks for dropping by.:)

Peter

Curious as to why the Edge won out. Care to define on what criteria? We almost bought an Edge in 2013 and bought an Accord instead. (yeah, appear to be apples and lima beans) The Edge really appeared to be a nice vehicle and part of me regretted not getting it. I don't know why I went straight to the Explorer this time. Congrats on the new Edge!!

Curious as to why the Edge won out. Care to define on what criteria? We almost bought an Edge in 2013 and bought an Accord instead. (yeah, appear to be apples and lima beans) The Edge really appeared to be a nice vehicle and part of me regretted not getting it. I don't know why I went straight to the Explorer this time. Congrats on the new Edge!!

It really came down to cost. After driving 2015 and 2016 Explorers to get a feel for the subtle changes between the two years, and driving 2016 Edges, I realized that I can have the same exact tech and similar "luxury" in the Edge for a far lower cost. I also have Sync 3 with Nav, which wasn't available on the Explorer until 2017. I still want an Explorer though. hahahaha.

In some ways, I preferred the Edge. While I like the interior space of the Explorer, it drives very big. Lower cost and the options you wanted when you wanted them, I think you did well.

Working in a traveling field I've seen what happens to rentals. I'd never, ever, consider one.

I've always liked the Edge.

Back