How do I recalibrate the GPS? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I recalibrate the GPS?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By disconnecting the battery for a minute.

ckc123: thank you ! I think the main problem is my location (Germany) / normally you have to calibrate the GPS in accordance to the real position / my Toyota FJ Cruiser (US imported) has a menu to set a location (0 for US, 9 for Europe and so on)...it think the US option ("0") is not correct for Europe...

By disconnecting the battery for a minute.
I have done it 2...3 times (once to change the battery), but no such positive "side"effect...

What is the issue that you feel it needs to be calibrated?

I have done it 2...3 times (ones to change the battery), but no such positive "side"effect...
Is everything else on the MFT screen fine? No chance the screen itself needs calibrating?

i´m really sure
Hi, Schimi ! How can I reset the GPS module ?

2rhadmr.jpg

Thanks, Schimi ! What kind of version of Forescan is this ?

A reset through there does nothing more than what disconnecting the battery does...again, what issue are you having?

The issue is, that in driving with nav the pile who locates/shows my car is sometimes located to the right or left from the street/highway I am driving on (driving beside the road but in correct direction) / the pile comes back to right location ON the road after 5...10 minutes, and so on for severeal times I am driving...
And: yes, I have disconnected the battery several times and no (such) positive effect...same as before...

The issue is, that in driving with nav the pile who locates/shows my car is sometimes located to the right or left from the street/highway I am driving on (driving beside the road but in correct direction) / the pile comes back to right location ON the road after 5...10 minutes, and so on for severeal times I am driving...
And: yes, I have disconnected the battery several times and no (such) positive effect...same as before...

I had a similar problem with MFT in my 2011 Edge. As far as I remember it was a tire calibration issue and once the vehicle was set for the actual tire size by the dealer it was much better. In my case it was because I was running winter tires off a 2010 Edge and there was enough difference in diameter to confuse the navigation system. Speedo wasn't off by that much either.

I did a big write up a while back on GPS issues, not sure where it is located anymore since the re-do of the site. You need to make sure MFT is up to date and that the GPSM is running the latest firmware. Firmware can only be update with IDS.

I did a big write up a while back on GPS issues, not sure where it is located anymore since the re-do of the site. You need to make sure MFT is up to date and that the GPSM is running the latest firmware. Firmware can only be update with IDS.
MFT is 3.10 (inst. by myself) but no dealer here in Germany...

I had a similar problem with MFT in my 2011 Edge. As far as I remember it was a tire calibration issue and once the vehicle was set for the actual tire size by the dealer it was much better. In my case it was because I was running winter tires off a 2010 Edge and there was enough difference in diameter to confuse the navigation system. Speedo wasn't off by that much either.
Have original OEM 20" tires and rims...

Have you read any of the thread?

Maybe you need to re-read...Daheim111 never stated why he wanted it calibrated until I asked. So do me a favor and actually read before you post.

You didn't quote him, and I missed the previous post. 1,000 apologies.:laugh:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back