SYNC 3 latest version | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Gents...good to know that many of our forum members have updated their SYNC 3 with version 2.3 or 3.0 but just a question, is it possible to downgrade it back to 2.0 if 2.3 is found unsupportive or has some issues....just checked with the Ford service agent who mentioned that downgrade is not possible....is it a big risk to attemp an upgrade?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After my Ex Sport I did my 16 Focus with SYNC3 v3.0, no issues, all good so far.

[QUOTE="Vinayak, post: 3652138, member: 328320....is it a big risk to attemp an upgrade?[/QUOTE]Just keep post #14 in mind.

Gents...good to know that many of our forum members have updated their SYNC 3 with version 2.3 or 3.0 but just a question, is it possible to downgrade it back to 2.0 if 2.3 is found unsupportive or has some issues....just checked with the Ford service agent who mentioned that downgrade is not possible....is it a big risk to attemp an upgrade?

Be very careful taking advice from Ford Service Agents, many know very little about any of the multimedia systems specially SYNC3

People on this forum tend to be much more informative.

Thanks all for the advice and information

anybody lose Android Auto functionality after the Sync3 3.0 update? I plug my phone in now and nothing happens. I've reinstalled Andriod auto with no luck.

It does give a message saying that it has detected the phone, and it lets me select the phone as an audio source, but it won't let me switch over to AA for google maps and such.

anybody lose Android Auto functionality after the Sync3 3.0 update? I plug my phone in now and nothing happens. I've reinstalled Andriod auto with no luck.

It does give a message saying that it has detected the phone, and it lets me select the phone as an audio source, but it won't let me switch over to AA for google maps and such.

Do a Master Reset

20-minute battery disconnect?

I'll give it a shot. Also going to try a different phone. I did use Forscan to allow Nav inputs while driving. I may revert that just in case - though it shouldn't have caused this. Last resort is downgrade to v2.2.

Not sure about AA but after the update I had to setup Apple CarPlay again. I still had a minor Bluetooth issue which the master reset resolved.

Not sure about AA but after the update I had to setup Apple CarPlay again. I still had a minor Bluetooth issue which the master reset resolved.
Thanks Plat, I did a master reset, and then even 'deleted' car play from Sync, And my phone. I'll try it again later today though. This was late last night so i didnt have much time to troubleshoot.

Does anybody have the original file from ford for the Sync3 2.0 or 2.2 update? Or know where to get it? I found a download link on the ford fiesta forum but I'm not confident it is an original. I went to the myford website but it says I have the current version so there is no download link.

......I went to the myford website but it says I have the current version so there is no download link.
I don't think that site is being used any more. Several members, including myself, have been told that we are up to date even though newer versions were available.

Peter

I don't think that site is being used any more. Several members, including myself, have been told that we are up to date even though newer versions were available.

Peter

I second Peter's suggestion, it's a dead site.

This forum is a far better source for SYNC information and updates.

Ended up being a phone issue, not Sync. Tried a friends android and it connected immediately. Master Reset the phone and problem was solved. Not sure how or why it happened out of nowhere. Nothing new was installed and uninstalled on the phone.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Hi...can anybody provide me version 2.3 for applelink? The one on mustang forum is mirrorlink and cannot be used with iOS....

would also appreciate version 3.0 if possible...the original files on mustang site has been removed

Hi...can anybody provide me version 2.3 for applelink? The one on mustang forum is mirrorlink and cannot be used with iOS....

would also appreciate version 3.0 if possible...the original files on mustang site has been removed

What is AppleLink?

Version 3.0 for interfacing with iOS...unfortunately the uploaded files in mustang forum has been removed....what is available is version 2.3 navigation (iOS and Android) and 2.3 nav and non-nav for mirrorlink ( typically for HTC and other mobile sets)

I need version 3.0 files to interface iOS with SYNC 3 non navigation vehicle.

Appreciate your help...:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw that... I then found this forum link that is MUCH longer with details and was able to download the NAV version from a mirror.

Back