99 Limited has. no Heat | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Limited has. no Heat

Here's an update. I've back flushed the heater core. It seemed to flow freely out the intake side and flushed it till it ran clear and then some.

I put in a new thermostat as the guage wouldn't get much past cold. It now reads about half way on the guage. I still don't have a lot of heat blowing out the ducts.

When I first turned the heat on it was pretty warm but didn't stay that warm after a minute or two. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Once you reliably have coolant flowing thru the heater core, the amount of heat you get is controlled by the blend door. As the name implies, that door "blends" heated air and cool air (outside air or air cooled by the AC system if that is on). The blend door is controlled by the temp knob on manual systems or by the head unit driving a blend door controller in an EATC (automatic) system. If you have a "Limited" I assume you have the EATC. The blend door controller can fail or the blend door itself can break or get stuck. There are lots of threads about blend door issues. Good luck.

Once you reliably have coolant flowing thru the heater core, the amount of heat you get is controlled by the blend door. As the name implies, that door "blends" heated air and cool air (outside air or air cooled by the AC system if that is on). The blend door is controlled by the temp knob on manual systems or by the head unit driving a blend door controller in an EATC (automatic) system. If you have a "Limited" I assume you have the EATC. The blend door controller can fail or the blend door itself can break or get stuck. There are lots of threads about blend door issues. Good luck.
Thanks I'll try to take a look at that a little closer. I assumed since I was getting some heat it was opening. Maybe not all of the way then.

Back