• Register Today It's free!

I think I made a boo boo.

turboranger91

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas city
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer 4x4
While trying to reprogram the keypad on the door, I think I erased the factory code from the computer, and now I'm screwed. Is there any way I can recover it, or set a new code without having the factory one in the computer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what year is your Explorer, its written on the vehicle on a sticker. Last resort is the actual module, the key pad number is usually on it.

It's a 2013 limited. I bought it used, and was trying to reprogram it through the sync. I found the factory code on the module, and entered it in. Then it asked me if I wanted to delete the code. I thought it was asking if I wanted to delete the previous owners code. I was wrong, and it deleted the factory code. Now I can't do anything.

It's a 2013 limited. I bought it used, and was trying to reprogram it through the sync. I found the factory code on the module, and entered it in. Then it asked me if I wanted to delete the code. I thought it was asking if I wanted to delete the previous owners code. I was wrong, and it deleted the factory code. Now I can't do anything.
The factory code can not be deleted on the 5th generation Explorer. I don't know about a '94 Eddie Bauer. Did you post your problem in the 1991 - 1994 Stock Explorer Forum? That might be the place to go if others have had a similar issue with theirs.
I can move this thread over to that Forum if you want.

Peter

Back