Key FOB cover | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key FOB cover

For $10 maybe. For $20 or more? nah, the rubber condom one for $6 off amazon/ebay works fine for me, and even that I didn't really have any need for it but the wife bought a pair. Key fobs are bulky enough as it is, they need to go smart phone on them and slim them down!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best of luck in your endeavor
I think you'll need it

Nice, but way over price and made in Korea should even be less $$$

Back in May I talked about leather FOB covers. I didn't forget -

Step one -

should have a prototype in a week.

Working with real leather, not pleather or leather bond. Once this goes well (fingers crossed) I may look at other options in terms of stitching and color coordinating with the EX colors. For now I am using my own fob with the powered lift gate and remote start.

1E702EBA-3B05-4C75-8BC3-2BC046E63F04_zpslbiyrh31.jpg

if for nothing at least i'll have an FOB with a difference..lol

Lemme know what the interest in something like this could be.

Thanks.. Will give that a try.....

I have had my 16 Limited for awhile now and am frustrated by the keyfob. When it is in my pocket the buttons keep getting pressed. Have had the tailgate open and doors unlock at bad times. I have gotten a leather wrap for it but same issues. Has anyone else had this issue? I have looked all over for a better case or cover with no luck.

I have had my 16 Limited for awhile now and am frustrated by the keyfob. When it is in my pocket the buttons keep getting pressed. Have had the tailgate open and doors unlock at bad times. I have gotten a leather wrap for it but same issues. Has anyone else had this issue? I have looked all over for a better case or cover with no luck.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your post was merged with this existing one found using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature.
The following was found using the link in post #38; https://www.thejacketstore.com/key-fob-cover-finder?make=Ford,Car/Truck&button=Go!
I have been carrying my fobs in my 'watch pocket' of my jeans for years and have never accidently set off any of the buttons. Obviously there rea members like yourself that have. Not sure if this cover would help or not. Good luck.
Also, please add the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XKT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. That can at times be useful info to have. Thanks.

Peter

The Jacket Store gets my vote. Bought two in 2011. Had same problem. When in my pocket it would set off panic alarm. Since getting these not one problem. And they're still going strong.

Saw those and wasn't sure if that would work. Thanks for the info. Ordered :)

I bought a silicone cover from the Jacket Store for my ‘14 and a black leather cover with red stitching on eBay from China $6.xx. This will help me distinguish the fobs once I set up the remotes.

Back