What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 65 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Hi, I have done a few things. Tint, A/T tires, Matte Black sport emblem, EcoBeast emblem overlay decal, yakima roof box, ford cargo mat, ford rear bumper pad, and ford cross bars.

Can't figure out how to post pics, so here is a link

What tire is that? nice...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last week i added the Cargo Area Protector, for third row (BB5Z-6111600-BB).
the BMC (RBP-005) is on its way. should be here thursday.

Last week i added the Cargo Area Protector, for third row (BB5Z-6111600-BB).
the BMC (RBP-005) is on its way. should be here thursday.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I have the full OEM cargo area protector + the previous one I used in my MKT. It is a rectangular shape and covers the folded 2nd row perfectly when needed.:)

Peter

I've changed the tire size on my 13 sport to :
255/55r20 with no rubbing at all.
just a little increase in body roll when hard cornering and of course better riding experience ;)

NEXT : 2.25" lift kit in front 1.25" in the back

I've changed the tire size on my 13 sport to :
255/55r20 with no rubbing at all.
just a little increase in body roll when hard cornering and of course better riding experience ;)

NEXT : 2.25" lift kit in front 1.25" in the back
Welcome to the 5th gen Forum.:wave:
That size is just slight over the accepted maximum diameter variance of 3% at 3.3%.

Please complete your registration by adding the 2013 Sport to your profile so that it shows in the margin. Thank you.

Peter

What I wanna know is.....Why has the "ModKing" been so quiet lately?.........something is brewing me thinks......

What I wanna know is.....Why has the "ModKing" been so quiet lately?.........something is brewing me thinks......
Run out of $$$?

Over the past couple weekends, I tried my hand at plasti-dip. Results turned out pretty good IMO. I went for the "blacked-out" look. The best part is I can easily remove it all if I get tired of it.
Dipped: Roof rails, door handles, lower door trim, grill chrome, rear Explorer chrome bar, Limited lettering, wheels.
BEFORE:
GjIxpv4.jpg

cWc61IU.jpg

Z9c5m1a.jpg

byfOVFK.jpg

AFTER:
royN6H3.jpg

ab214Y4.jpg

QWjI7vO.jpg

The only issue I see is that your garage is waaay too clean.:D

Peter

Chrome Tailpipes next?

Bought my 2014 Sport (CPO) a week ago Thursday. Didn't have time to do much as I had to go to Dallas for a week on Saturday for grand baby #25. So I spent last week ordering things. Put on the Evitec 9005 LEDs and the JDM 1200 lumen H11 fogs. Good pattern. Also ordered the front console separator. More goodies coming. Next month I will order the Livernois parts (thermostat and 3 bar sensor) and tune for a birthday present to myself. Already have the plugs, ordered an AEM factory dry filter (I think the factory CAI is fine). Promised myself I would get the tune done on the Grand Sport first - that's scheduled for next week. Then in a couple of months I will order the down pipes.

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

Had a set of Michelin Defenders installed. Night and day difference vs the crappy Hankooks!

@SickSix Nice work, looks great! You just have to swap out those Ford emblems on the front and back to make it allllllll black! How it go on the front grill? I've contemplated do that to the grill of my 17 base as it has silver bars in it too. I've already plasti dipped my rear chrome explorer bar and lettering.

Had the Ex for a few weeks now. Just hit 200 miles. First was debadging the back. No more SPORT or ecoboost badges. Nonsense. Had the front windows tinted with 30% ceramic. Wanted to go a little darker, but shop only had 15% as the next darker tint. Weird, but whatever. Switched out the puddle lights for brighter leds.

Have Bluetooth obd reader along with full interior leds on the way currently. Such a sickness, can never leave a car alone.

@SickSix Nice work, looks great! You just have to swap out those Ford emblems on the front and back to make it allllllll black! How it go on the front grill? I've contemplated do that to the grill of my 17 base as it has silver bars in it too. I've already plasti dipped my rear chrome explorer bar and lettering.
I think I'm going to keep the emblems as is for now because they match the wheel center caps. Besides, the all black replacements are pretty expensive. The grill wasn't too hard, just tape off most of it and remember to put something between the grill and the radiator to block overspray.

My ride is getting a lot of attention. Mostly good and some smart ass comments from others. Still trying to find a AWD Dyno that’s reasonable and still have to take it to the track.

Having @Livernois recalibrate the tune for me so that shifting is smoother/tighter. I hope that makes sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself. First time posting, but long time reading this site. I've learned a lot from all the interesting posts here and gotten really cool ideas for my Explorer.
I have a 2016 Explorer Sport. I've done a bit of customizing on it

22 Rims and Tires
Brake Discs and Calipers
LED interior lights
Blacked out Ford logos

I hope to keep improving my Explorer and learn from you guys and gals

Thanks
IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_8643.JPG

IMG_4747.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG