2003 Sport Trac - SAS, SOA started and here's a sneek peek. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac - SAS, SOA started and here's a sneek peek.

MidnightRebel07's Sport Trac SAS, 351w Build on 37's

I've been talking for years about doing this and since the transmission is on it's way out enough to where I can't drive it a long distance, the fan clutch died (can't drive it without fan) I parked it.

I started tearing everything from the rear suspension to do the SOA. finished that yesterday (for the most part). Perches are tacked in (will finish welding them on with the Miller 252 at my custom truck clubs garage once I get everything mocked into place and a space opens up). Shocks are bolted into the top bolt hole for the sway bar (sway bar is removed). I cut the shock mounts off of the spring plates and will weld them onto the top of the axle later. I still need to get longer stainless braided hoses for the main rear brake line.

I now have the front jacked up sitting on jack stands so I can start cutting off the front suspension and engine crossmember. Hopefully if the weather permits this week for a couple hours in the mornings before work I can cut all that out.

I'll be starting a SAS, SOA, 351w, C6, 1356 manual transfer case thread sometime soon when I have time but for now I'll just add info here.

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5607-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been away for a while myself; had to check in on you. I see your last post and assume you're as busy as ever. Hope all is well!

My truck is just serving trash duty and hunting trips with nothing to report.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yep, been too busy taking care of my wife, 3 week old son, 5 year old son, job hunting, selling car parts I have stock piled, etc... I did sale the 37's to a guy that bought an ex military Chevy pick up from Virginia (that was alot of fun dismounting the tires from the double beadlocks by myself). Tons of pictures and a video on my FB page.
20161129_195815.jpg

Dibs if you ever sell it!
Glad to see you are getting started :salute:

Still want it. It's not finished. Life and family responsibilities are taking too much time and money with none leftover for Battle Born. It's time to let him go reluctantly but I have to face the facts that I won't be able to finish it anytime soon.

Well nobody wants to buy it so the cab and frame are going to the scrapper soon. I removed the mocked up SAS suspension parts and still have all my SAS parts, 99% of which are brand new still in the box for sale along with the axles. Let me know if you're interested in any of the parts. Need gone asap.

I have ads up on FaceBook on Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owners page if anyone wants to look.

Sorry to hear you tore it down Jerry. This is the first I've heard of it. I really wanted to see it built. Maybe some other time you can build one. Miss hanging out.

I've just been so busy with everything going on. It's been crazy for the past three months. I'm never on here anymore, primarily on FB, everyone from here is on there. Easier to post pictures, more people to possibly buy, etc...

Hey, what all do you have left?! I'm only 30 minutes south of Pittsburgh, and I'm willing to exceed scrap prices..
I wish I noticed this sooner!!

Doors, bed, tons of switches and other small parts. I'll get a list together later after I get home.

I need the doors and bed gone by Wednesday or they are going to the scrap yard. Let me know.

Doors and bed are gone. I have all of my SAS parts still for sale.

I have the H2 double beadlocks that are recentered to 6x5.5 bolt pattern, 1989 Dana 44 HD, tons of Ruffstuff Specailties SAS parts all brand new for sale cheap, want them gone asap.

Yep, I needed them gone by Friday so I took them to a couple junkyard to see if they wanted to buy them but they didn't so the the boys said let's go to the Scrap yard. They like the claw machines that pick up all the metal.

Ok. I was going to get them off you but was really busy last week.

Sorry man, i needed them gone. Thats why I cut the shell up and scrapped it, no space and still need to figure out where to put the stuff from the small carport because it's getting taken down. I still have the rocker panels with doglegs and the body bushings kit for you.

Ok, cool.

Back