Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab! May 31-June 2, 2002

Well Chris, I'm very dissappointed in you :p

That sucks that you can't go, but we should get up in the mountains soon...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saturday run

Gerald
I'm open for any of the stock runs on Saturday. This will be my first time offroading in Moab so whatever everyone else decides is cool with me. I am also planning to make the Friday morning run. I'm not sure if I got on the original list. Can't wait to see everyone. :D

I haven't had a chance to look over my book again yet (16 hour work days), but I'll come up with something for stockers on Saturday. Don't worry :)

Maybe we'll do something that has both "must see" scenery and new stuff for veterans. Hmmmmmm. But anyway, I'll think of something good.

For the saturday stock run I would prefer arches over 3D but if Alec comes up with something new, that is cool too.

James,
That's what I was thinking for those who've never been......Hmmm, maybe I should use my free time looking over the book rather than coming to the site.....

A goal that I have never specifically mentioned but that I believe is very important, is that everyone who comes to Moab gets to run a new trail that they've never been on before. Keep that in mind Alec, for yourself. There is so much there that any stocker run will work out just fine.

Hey Gerald and Alec, if you wana toss in a new trail for the stockers on Saturday you may wana give White Rim a look. Have them start at Dead Horse Point and travel down Shafer Switchbacks and down Lathrop Canyon. Then do just like we did on the White Rim trip and take lunch there, then head back up the switchbacks and towards town or another trail. I tend to rember hitting the trail at about 10(or about an hour after the gas station opened) and had lunch early. Was an easy run with some fun in the canyons tossed in, and several great views.

Just a suggestion. Have fun, and MAN I WISH I WAS GOING.

Lee

Where do I sign up and where do we meet

Hey I am interested I live in Arlington right outside of dallas, I have to check my work load but I am very interested in attending. My truck is already set up I go out every weekend at 360, and a few other places. I have 4.10 gears, power trax locking front diff, limited slip rear, manual locking hubs, 35x12.50 dick cepek mud terrain tires, snorkel, ramsey 8000lbs winch, I always go where no one else will, I dont mind getting damaged or getting stuck trying. Let me know some more info on this trip I am really interested.

Ok, I might have come up with Saturday's stocker run.

It would be up by Hidden Canyon, by the "3D" run (still don't know why it's called that). It would include Rainbow Terrace, Secret Spire, Dellenbaugh Tunnel since I haven't done those yet. We might do Bartlett overlook too, since I like that one ;) We may even have time for Hidden Canyon Overlook.

I like this plan cause it includes new trails, looks interesting, and can always be added to or shortened due to it's route. What do y'all think?

Well I gotta replace my tierod ends before we go, because I can't keep the truck aligned. I guess it was a good thing it happened before we started out, cause I know it will only get worse after banging around Moab for 3 days. Only 9 more days before we take off. :bounce:

Went and did a nice shake down run this weekend. Only problem I had was my powersteering overheating and quit working. Need to add building a cooler into it nowbefore the trip. I can't wait to get out there.

IS anyone doing any trails on monday 3rd or is everyone bailing. I can probably stay and do a run on monday if anyone is intereted.

Matt

I plan on leaving either the 3rd at night, or first thing in the morning on the 4th. So I'll be down for a monday run.

Originally posted by leebo
Hey Gerald and Alec, if you wana toss in a new trail for the stockers on Saturday you may wana give White Rim a look. Have them start at Dead Horse Point and travel down Shafer Switchbacks and down Lathrop Canyon. Then do just like we did on the White Rim trip and take lunch there, then head back up the switchbacks and towards town or another trail. I tend to rember hitting the trail at about 10(or about an hour after the gas station opened) and had lunch early. Was an easy run with some fun in the canyons tossed in, and several great views.

Just a suggestion. Have fun, and MAN I WISH I WAS GOING.

Lee

You could add Gemini Bridges after Dead Horse Point(nothing as far as wheeling is concerned since it's a paved road, but you can't beat the view). In and out to Gemini Bridges, then continue down the switchbacks as Lee suggests. Make sure to stop at Musselmans Arch, continue on to Lathrop Canyon and then turn back. But on the way out, hang a right at the Y intersection before going back up the switchbacks and go back to Moab via Potash Road.

Just a suggestion.

We'll still be there on Monday. Plan right now is to pull out Tues. AM.

Again, we're coming in seperate vehicles. I actually was going to leave early on the last day of school, but they went and moved Promotion to Thursday night. At first, I wasn't going to go, but when my 8th graders found out they really got upset. So I'm not leaving until Friday morning. I figured since I couldn't leave on Thurs. I'd stay for the retirement breakfast on Friday morning as well.

Man, I hate work. It just gets in the way of my having fun. See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Since Char can't go with me early is there anyone who will be in Moab on Wednesday night? Want to do dinner Wednesday and some tourist site seeing on Thursday, like a drive through Arches NP or something like that?

Jefe and I are planning on pulling in early Thursday morning and doing Arches. That is, I'll have my entire family (wife, one daughter, and four boys) and we plan on doing some hiking on the Arches trails. You're welcome to join us if you wish. Or Jefe may prefer wheeling with you over hiking with cousins.

Also, because my wife is joining us, I've moved our reservation from Canyonlands Campground to the Microtel Motel in town.

Can't wait! Just gotta finish my short shaft transfer case conversion (new rear long-travel driveshaft), remove my transfer case drop and put it back up where it belongs, offset the rear shock mounts for some more rear axle droop, re-gear front and rear diffs to 4.56, install new Detroit soft-locker in rear, and Tru-Trac L/S in front.

Oh yeah, and help Jeff get his new Atlas II installed, measure and order new driveshafts, wait for UPS, then install and test!

Sounds good John. I would like to join you guys at Arches if it's not too hot some hiking sounds great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saturday night plans

Gerald,
I was just wondering if plans have been made for a dinner or get together on Saturday night. I just want to know how much $ to bring to cover costs. If this was all discussed earlier in the thread I missed it. Can't wait, only 10 days.

Back