Buzzing Sound | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buzzing Sound

I just noticed the buzzing sound. Grrrr....I have a 2012 at 80k miles

I have an appt this coming week to get the fog light replaced and have the CEL evap leak looked at.

Bought an extended warranty and will have the dealership look into this buzz also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just noticed the buzzing sound. Grrrr....I have a 2012 at 80k miles

I have an appt this coming week to get the fog light replaced and have the CEL evap leak looked at.

Bought an extended warranty and will have the dealership look into this buzz also.
If it is speed dependent then it likely is either the 'A' pillar or the cowl.

Peter

If it is speed dependent then it likely is either the 'A' pillar or the cowl.

Peter

Peter, I tried shutting down the engine, waiting a couple of seconds, then turn back on. As soon as the key end is inserted and touches the ignition, the buzzing sound starts, before the car is even on.

Peter, I tried shutting down the engine, waiting a couple of seconds, then turn back on. As soon as the key end is inserted and touches the ignition, the buzzing sound starts, before the car is even on.
In that case just ignore my previous post. What you describe is a new issue on this form. Does the buzzing occur if you wait a few minutes before touching the key to the ignition? Just wondering if the noise has anything to do with the interior lights.

Peter

In that case just ignore my previous post. What you describe is a new issue on this form. Does the buzzing occur if you wait a few minutes before touching the key to the ignition? Just wondering if the noise has anything to do with the interior lights.

Peter

Peter,
It sounds like some electronic interference on the passenger side, i.e. feedback noise coming from either the tweeter or the door speaker. It phases in and out and is not constant.

I did put my ear to the vent next to the steering wheel so that fan can be ruled out.

Blake

Revitalizing this thread. My 13 has this issue, it is definitely coming from the fan behind the vent next to the steering wheel. If the only fix is replacing the fan, is there a part # or process?

Revitalizing this thread. My 13 has this issue, it is definitely coming from the fan behind the vent next to the steering wheel. If the only fix is replacing the fan, is there a part # or process?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
According to an earlier post in this thread you have to remove the dash to replace the fan. You can use a site like fordparts.com to try and find a part number but I suggest the easiest way is to call your dealer's parts department and ask them.

Peter

Waking this thread once more. My wife's 2013 recently started making the fan noise from the vent located directly above the start/stop pushbutton (Limited model). Guess we've been a little fortunate in that the original fan lasted over 69k miles before becoming noisey. Unfortunately, we are out of warranty on this vehicle (I did buy the Premium ESP for my diesel 2017 F250 King Ranch). My question: Has a TSB ever been published for this fan? Just wanted an idea of how much the repair will cost. On the plus side, we have always received exceptional service from Bowditch Ford in Newport News, VA. They strive to satisfy their customers.

Waking this thread once more. My wife's 2013 recently started making the fan noise from the vent located directly above the start/stop pushbutton (Limited model). Guess we've been a little fortunate in that the original fan lasted over 69k miles before becoming noisey. Unfortunately, we are out of warranty on this vehicle (I did buy the Premium ESP for my diesel 2017 F250 King Ranch). My question: Has a TSB ever been published for this fan? Just wanted an idea of how much the repair will cost. On the plus side, we have always received exceptional service from Bowditch Ford in Newport News, VA. They strive to satisfy their customers.
No TSB was issued for this problem. It actually hasn't been a very common issue.
Please add the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.

No TSB was issued for this problem. It actually hasn't been a very common issue.
Please add the 'Required' "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you.
I guess my membership here began before "trim level" was a requirement. Thanks anyway about the TSB info.

I guess my membership here began before "trim level" was a requirement.
Yes, you are correct. The request for that was so that it made it easier to reply to some questions since not all trims had the same issues or features and it saved time in going back and asking the "trim" question. Thanks for updating.:thumbsup:

Peter

Back