5Star Tuning now supporting the 2017 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5Star Tuning now supporting the 2017 Ford Explorer

Ron Bumpus

Reaction score
City, State
North NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Sport 402A
After a long wait, The team at 5 Star Tuning release the tunes for the 17 Sport / SXT X4 Tuner.
I just installed it with my Pedal commander and I am currently playing around with settings. so I do not have a good "feel" for it yet but wanted to let everyone know it's available.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it also applicable to the Platinum and the 2016 Sport and/or Platinum since they have the same engine?

Peter

FYI, on my Livernois tune, I was expressly told to NOT use Pedal Commander and tune at same time (on my 2015Mustang Ecoboost). Circa 2015.

FYI, on my Livernois tune, I was expressly told to NOT use Pedal Commander and tune at same time (on my 2015Mustang Ecoboost).
Interesting. Livernois told me there was no problem at all with running the Pedal Commander (or any other throttle enhancer device) and their tunes. In fact, they sell their own device, and have been known to recommend it to people running their tunes.

Interesting about Pedal Commander, I've never heard of it before. I had a 2.0T Edge FWD prior to my '16 XSport and the throttle delay was just terrible. It was like I could literally count a second before the car started to move. It was terrible pulling out in traffic because you'd hit the gas and just sit there. My Explorer is tuned but even before the tune it was 100% better, very little throttle delay. I sort of thought this was less about drive-by-wire and more about torque management on FWD vehicles.

My Regal GS is FWD and has terrible throttle response as well.

Interesting about Pedal Commander, I've never heard of it before. I had a 2.0T Edge FWD prior to my '16 XSport and the throttle delay was just terrible. It was like I could literally count a second before the car started to move. It was terrible pulling out in traffic because you'd hit the gas and just sit there. My Explorer is tuned but even before the tune it was 100% better, very little throttle delay. I sort of thought this was less about drive-by-wire and more about torque management on FWD vehicles.

My Regal GS is FWD and has terrible throttle response as well.
world of difference. I will never own a vehicle with out one....

Back