How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Yes I followed those instructions exactly. I did have a problem getting it to work at first but it was my own fault. It was during the Navi patch file upload, I forgot to do the unlock step after uploading it. Other than that those instructions should work just fine for your 2014. Worked for our 2013. I got the maps from eBay, $50 for the latest A8 card.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see that you added navigation, did you use the 2 files from the F150 spreadsheet? My concern is that I have a 2014 Explorer and the description is for a 2015 F150.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Finished the navigation add on for my 2014 XLT. No issues, works great! Allow the sync updates a lot of time and several reboots, I also used Forscan to allow for nav in motion. Thanks to all who provided the files and info:chug:

Have Anyone tested this ?

Temperature Reading
(in Infotainment Display)
Enabled
IPC
720-02-01
4D85 BC50 1Ezz NOTE: Exact bits not located

Have Anyone tested this ?

Temperature Reading
(in Infotainment Display)
Enabled
IPC
720-02-01
4D85 BC50 1Ezz NOTE: Exact bits not located

I have tried this one and it worked for me, shows the climate in the right screen.

xxxx xxxx xEx6

Guys

After reading 14 pages of this thread, i'm still not sure what I need to reprogram the CC to change Double Horn Honk, Reverse Mirror Tilt and a couple
of other things.

Thanks for the information provided by every one.

I have a OBDLink MX wifi
Forscan windows, and have no problem connecting and reading the system info.

My main 2 questions are:
1) Do I need to have an extended license for FORscan, to reprogram the modules. If so I will apply.
2) I do not understand what memory button, being mention on reverse window calibration, line 6 & line 8
on my 2017 Explorer Sport, Push Button Start.

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

Thanks Brian
It seems quite simple, however I cannot get the vehicle to remember the setting. Once i hit memory, mirror, put in R, the mirror will dip, however if i just put the vehicle in R, the mirror doesn't move. I followed all the steps, but clearly I'm doing something wrong.

It seems quite simple, however I cannot get the vehicle to remember the setting. Once i hit memory, mirror, put in R, the mirror will dip, however if i just put the vehicle in R, the mirror doesn't move. I followed all the steps, but clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Hope this helps

Screenshot_20171212-163146.jpg

If you are expecting the mirror to dip anytime you put it in reverse....that isn't how it works. You have to select the mirror after putting it in reverse. That's just the way it is.

If I misunderstood, I apologize ahead of time.

Mine has DRL option in the IPC and my signature lights are on when in auto or any other position
Ford changed something between '16 and '17, the signature lamps stay on all the time now. in the '16 they could be turned off in "auto" mode.

If you are expecting the mirror to dip anytime you put it in reverse....that isn't how it works. You have to select the mirror after putting it in reverse. That's just the way it is.

If I misunderstood, I apologize ahead of time.
Thanks for the clarification. It works when I push the mirror button while in reverse. There was no mention (i saw) that it didn't dip automatically when in reverse. Thanks again.

Finally got around to trying the forscan mods I've been putting off:

1. Right IPC control -> change went through, lost access to "Navigation" and "Entertainment" options (Only have "Phone" and "Climate")
2. Temp on right IPC -> Successful
3. Heated/cooled seats on home -> did not work again, not sure why this specific one does not work for me without losing access to "rear" climate control.
This happened to me as well. Did you get the IPC menus fixed?

This happened to me as well. Did you get the IPC menus fixed?

The only one I kept was the temp on the right IPC, I reverted the other two changes back to stock values and haven't messed with them since.

The only one I kept was the temp on the right IPC, I reverted the other two changes back to stock values and haven't messed with them since.
I figured it out just now. On the 2017 explorer to get all 4 menus (Nav, Climate, Phone and entertainment) the FORScan code is:
IPC 720-05-01 xxBx xxxx xxzz
The spreadsheet has an 8, but that removes the other menus. Place the letter B instead, it gave me all four.

Does anyone know the programing code for auto headlamp enabled? Trying to see if I can add auto headlamps with a new button wiring harness and sunloader

Can you tell me what the IPC change you made was? I tried the IPC change from the Forscan Spreadsheet but could not enable the "silent mode" menu option.

Thanks.
In my 17 sport, i just used the non-as built BCM menu and it allows you to enable both dark mode and Silent 5 mode. on the 17 both have to be on.

I tried and there are wierd things happening.

In AS BUILT, default code was 108E (this value is stated everywhere the one for Dedicated DRL).
The only other code that can be writen in AS BUILT is 017F which turns it OFF.
For all the others I get the error "Incompatible configuration".

I leave it as 108E, and I go into IPC module "PIDs", and next to the Daytime Running Ligths I see that is stated "Incorrect value..." instead of Dedicated DRL.

When I open the selectable options, I have this

I try to change it to 10-Dedicated DRL

and I get this:

Then I try to change it 1-None, and it works

And the most weird thing is that none one the rest of the options can be written but 16-Incorrect value or not configured:

Does anyone know, why in our russian cars the 108E in AS-BUILD is related to 16-Incorrect value or not configured and to the halogen lamp?
What would be the code in AS-BUILD for the 10-Dedicated DRL and the Signature Lighting?
Why I can't write the 10-Dedicated DRL in "PIDs"?

Thanks in advance.
would you have any idea what the "frequency" and "headlamp type" choices are on that BCM screen? I never got the DRL menu to do anything, much like yours.

I was read spreadsheet of 2gfusion, now i can change to use turnsignal as DRL

726-45-01 (2014+ MY) xxxx XXxx xxxx Note: This setting enables all choices in the list for DRL options

(BdyCM) Set value at XX to 7F

I was read spreadsheet of 2gfusion, now i can change to use turnsignal as DRL

726-45-01 (2014+ MY) xxxx XXxx xxxx Note: This setting enables all choices in the list for DRL options

(BdyCM) Set value at XX to 7F
cool. do you know what the "frequency" and "headlamp type" settings are for? I want to get my turn lamps to work with my low beams. I will try your modification tomorrow night and see how it goes for me. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I tried to change the tire size in my wife's 17 Platinum and when I read the module it came up with an incorrect value. I wonder if something changed for 2017? I'm running version 2.3.6 Beta.

Expl-Tire_zpsfxysgjqb.jpg
any idea what "frequency type" and "headlamp type" do?

Back