Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to buy a 2017 Explorer

Keep in mind, the rotten egg smell issue and the exhaust smell issue are different issues on this vehicle.

This was an exhaust smell. I don't recall ever smelling rotten eggs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You do understand that the exhaust fumes are still there right.

How can they still be "there" [I assume you mean inside the cabin] if he's not smelling them after the work was performed?

Nothing has changed except they sealed up some parts of the under body.

Well then something has changed. Sealing up parts of the under body have prevented the exhaust fumes from entering the cabin.

And as I said before, the fumes you are smelling are not carbon monoxide.

He never said they were. At least not in this thread.

But do another hard acceleration with the windows down and you will smell it the same.

Windows down? I thought the whole issue is exhaust fumes (not sulfur smell, not carbon monoxide) in the cabin with windows up and HVAC on recirc?

Thanks guys, sorry i never replied but i didnt get email notification. Anyway, i ended up buyin a 2017 black on black with 202a package, bucket seats, xlt tech bundle and 20" polished wheels and I'm loving it, I'm glad i went with the explorer for a second time. I still own our 1999 explorer we bought brand new and its obviously a day and night difference. Ill be ordering the center console for the bucket seats, floor and cargo liners from ford today and the explorer hood lettering but need to figure out the color for a black explorer. Not sure if i need graphite or magnetic color.

...... Not sure if i need graphite or magnetic color.
Try to get a actual look at both if dealers in the area have Explorers with the lettering in stock. It is better than looking at pictures or paint samples.

Peter

I was looking at the Ford website last night and It looks like they only offer one color, I think the one from eBay aren't factory ones, they say it's license by ford but they aren't original. I'm heading to our local for dealer and try to find out about the color. Thanks

You should also probably add the 2017 XLT to a signature since you also have the '99 Explorer. That way members will see that you have both.

Will definitely do that tonight, I totally forgot about it.

Thanks.

Hi guys and gals, I'm considering to upgrade from a sport sedan back to a suv and the 2017 explorer is on top of my list and was wondering what should I look for and what should I be aware of?
The one I like is the XLT with sport appearance in black, I don't like much with the black wheels but I guess I can deal with it. My sedond option is white but I don't know yet if they offer the one with sports appearance in plain white, not the white tricote or whatever they call it as i dont want to deal with color match in the event i need to do any retouch.

I have heard there is an issue with rotten egg smell inside the cabin that has to do with exhaust fumes, is this still a problem with the 2017?
Anything else i should know?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I have the 17 xlt 3.5 it has the sulfur smell while hard acceleration and an vibration off idle but otherwise it's nice

Back