• Register Today It's free!

Cilajet Auto Paint Sealant

aisleofmyford

Reaction score
City, State
Oakley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 platinum
my dealer is offering the cilajet for $1200 .
can anyone confirm that it is the best paint protection for car?
ive got a black explorer that seems to scratch very easily. Any suggestions would be great.

happy turkey day.
jamie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not familiar with the product but according to their website it is the best you can get. Of course they may be a little biased.;)
Cilajet Best Auto Paint Sealant - Best Car Paint Protection
I don't think that black would scratch any easier than the others but it would sure show it a lot better. Another reason I stay with the lighter colours.
Please keep us in the loop with whatever product you chose to go with. I'm sure there are likely others that would be interested.

Peter

do you really have that much money to waste????
If you have more money to to waste you can always ask your dealer about undercoating, rust proofing, fabric protection, and if you still have some more money left, what about nitrogen-filled tires?
Seriously??????
My post is maybe a little "crude" but you asked about suggestion/opinion and all the above cited products are really dealer rip off and paint sealant always seems to be on top of the list

I have Artic Coat (ny) on my Black 2017 Sport.
while I was skeptical at first. ( I installed it on my 2017 F-150) the coating looks and feels great, Consider it a permanent waxing that requires little maintenance. while it is not scratch proof, it is scratch resistant for the normal D2D stuff. what I do really like about it, is that nothing sticks to the paint, no bugs, dirt or pollen, I now wash my truck (black) once a month and use a waterless wash spray in between.

The explorer was 900.00 to be coated. (well worth it to me)

do you really have that much money to waste????
If you have more money to to waste you can always ask your dealer about undercoating, rust proofing, fabric protection, and if you still have some more money left, what about nitrogen-filled tires?
Seriously??????
My post is maybe a little "crude" but you asked about suggestion/opinion and all the above cited products are really dealer rip off and paint sealant always seems to be on top of the list
OOH! Nitrogen filled tires! I need ask my dealer about that.

I have Artic Coat (ny) on my Black 2017 Sport.
while I was skeptical at first. ( I installed it on my 2017 F-150) the coating looks and feels great, Consider it a permanent waxing that requires little maintenance. while it is not scratch proof, it is scratch resistant for the normal D2D stuff. what I do really like about it, is that nothing sticks to the paint, no bugs, dirt or pollen, I now wash my truck (black) once a month and use a waterless wash spray in between.

The explorer was 900.00 to be coated. (well worth it to me)
Thank you for sharing your experience with this product. It does seem a bit expensive. However, when I called up Auto detailing shops to inquire about similar "paint protection" , their prices where no different from the dealers.

I'm not familiar with the product but according to their website it is the best you can get. Of course they may be a little biased.;)
Cilajet Best Auto Paint Sealant - Best Car Paint Protection
I don't think that black would scratch any easier than the others but it would sure show it a lot better. Another reason I stay with the lighter colours.
Please keep us in the loop with whatever product you chose to go with. I'm sure there are likely others that would be interested.

Peter
Thanks for your interest, I will, as requested, give you an update on my decision.

I was going to suggest the same thing, Ceramic Pro is a popular one, Artic coat is not available everywhere, I know of 2 dealers in the US (NJ / Minn). Search Automotive Paint Correction coating, Automotive Nano coatings

Back