Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6

First Explorer; First car.

First car for a young 18 year old, hoping to last through the majority of at least his college career. She's going to go through hell, as I like to push her and Vermont winters are unforgiving on vehicles, but hopefully with some routine maintenance she can make it through it.

She's a Black '99 Explorer Sport 4x4 with the SOHC v6. Most things are stock on her currently, basically only bulbs and a new rear bumper placed on her. Hoping to touch up some of the paint/sun faded spots on the body within a few days. Below is a picture:

KjjobKq.jpg

7HOR8kh.jpg

Modifications will be few and far in between, due to time and funding constraints.

A new bumper was placed on, as the old one was rusting and had holes through it. Below is the before and after.

vhxwztE.jpg

TRl5wfm.jpg

I also will be repainting the pillars just behind the passenger's door and roof rack as they've become faded by the sun. Also debating whether I want to plasti-dip the front bumper. Some rust needs to be dealt with, just along the molding of the doors.

Another thing on the "maybe to-do list" would be about a 1" lift, nothing major but just something to give a little more stance and such.

She also is still unnamed.. Can't stick with one I like haha!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two very different pictures to post. First, some fun in the snow
cmGk3dR.jpg
ea86c804-22d0-49d5-823c-d9b7e1039bed.jpg
ea86c804-22d0-49d5-823c-d9b7e1039bed.jpg

Second, guess who's explorer had a run in with a plow in the parkinglot? This Guy!
FkajSkn.jpg

Still around, still got the explorer (but for how long, who knows). Currently sitting at about 181k, which means ive just passed 25k with the timing chain rattles.. (knock on wood!)

Officially bought something new. The rust was starting to get to her, engine & transmission are weak (though still driving.. somehow). Here's the new project:
Uc5AmOq.jpg

Back