• Register Today It's free!

Got 2 letters from Ford

Halford1

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
I got the first letter from Ford for the free services on exhaust and the 2nd letter was notifying me to send my Explorer for repairs on panel? I will call the dealership and inquire about this.

MyFordTouch has been acting weird lately. When a box "Install New SD" pops up, the USB port no longer work as well... what is going on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also received a letter from Ford regarding the front driver and passenger door panel for my 2015 Exp LTD which I traded in three months ago. Seems like there is some sort of recall on it for the door panels.

Peter,

Neither is a 'recall' - but they are FSA's under the customer satisfaction program that are to be repaired at no charge. Both letters state this.
The door panel is subject to existing current warranty coverage. From what I understand is that if you no longer have a warranty you are paying.
Warranty Status: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
The actual letter could be different but I haven't received one so I'm just going by what was posted here.

Peter

The door panel is subject to existing current warranty coverage. From what I understand is that if you no longer have a warranty you are paying.
Warranty Status: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
The actual letter could be different but I haven't received one so I'm just going by what was posted here.

Peter

Got ya!

Would it be helpful for the foums if I posted my letter to share?

Got ya!

Would it be helpful for the foums if I posted my letter to share?
I think all those affected will receive a similar letter in time but you can post or link to it if you wish.

Peter, @tincbtrar is right. The TSB you cite is valid but the coverage provisions were updated in the new service program to offer a one-time courtesy repair.

Peter, @tincbtrar is right. The TSB you cite is valid but the coverage provisions were updated in the new service program to offer a one-time courtesy repair.
Thanks for that update. I just received the 'Exhaust' letter today. Nothing yet on the 'Panel'. Perhaps they finally sent that to the proper owner as I was still receiving previous letters to do with the 2011. That coverage update makes a lot of sense given when this problem began and the time it took for the service action to come out.

Peter

Back