Tilt Reverse Mirrors 2017 Limited

vuhothang

Reaction score
City, State
HCMC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017, Explorer Limited
Dear PlatinumOwner

i was read Forscan 2011 - 2018 Explorer and used forscan to change 740/1 -03-01 and 740/1-13-01 first dig to F and tried

Reverse Tilt Mirror Calibration:

1) Switch the ignition on
2) Press the memory button (Memory button seat ?)
3) Select the mirror you want to adjust
4) Put your vehicle into reverse (R) and let the mirror automatically tilt until it stops (when change R my mirrors don't automatically tilt)
5) When the mirror is in its tilted position and is no longer moving, adjust it with the controls
6) Hold the memory button for 5 seconds to save the setting
7) Press the mirror button and return to park (P)
8) Hold memory button again

Can you help this case? Thanks.
p/s: sorry my english.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That would be a nice option to have ...

I've never had them but the only issue I see with that option is when the mirror tilts down you would lose the overall rear view. I have been using the 2" stick on convex mirrors for as long as I can recall and I've been driving over 50 year. The advantage with those is that you can use them as a blind spot mirror and they also allow you to see the rear wheels plus you keep an overall rear view. Costs about $12 for a pair. It's the first 'mod' I put on all my vehicles.

Peter

I've never had them but the only issue I see with that option is when the mirror tilts down you would lose the overall rear view. I have been using the 2" stick on convex mirrors for as long as I can recall and I've been driving over 50 year. The advantage with those is that you can use them as a blind spot mirror and they also allow you to see the rear wheels plus you keep an overall rear view. Costs about $12 for a pair. It's the first 'mod' I put on all my vehicles.

Peter

Can you post a picture of what it looks like on your explorer and the link to the ones you bought?

I've never used one of these but I am curious to see how they look on the EX.

Can you post a picture of what it looks like on your explorer and the link to the ones you bought?

I've never used one of these but I am curious to see how they look on the EX.
I bought them at Canadian Tire which is a store you likely don't have in the States. I'm sure an auto supply store would carry them as well.

Peter

convex.jpg

convex2.JPG

They have the 2" oval mirrors on Amazon for less than $10 in the US. I may just get a pair myself as well.

They have the 2" oval mirrors on Amazon for less than $10 in the US. I may just get a pair myself as well.
Make sure you get them on where you want them because they won't come off easily. I found the placement shown in my photos to be the best but you can play around with them before peeking the paper backing off. Just make sure you don't cover the BLIS warning area if you have it.

Peter

Make sure you get them on where you want them because they won't come off easily. I found the placement shown in my photos to be the best but you can play around with them before peeking the paper backing off. Just make sure you don't cover the BLIS warning area if you have it.

Peter

I do have BLIS. I will be putting it in the same location as yours as I think thats the most optimal place to put it.

I'm a bit confused about the original post. Is this saying that there is a way to enable the reverse tilt mirror feature using forscan? Or just to calibrate if you already have the feature?

It seems like there should not be any different hardware such as a new mirror required. They are already power adjustable mirrors, so as long as the computer systems can talk to each other it should just be a software thing. I'd like to have this feature.

I'm a bit confused about the original post. Is this saying that there is a way to enable the reverse tilt mirror feature using forscan? Or just to calibrate if you already have the feature?

It seems like there should not be any different hardware such as a new mirror required. They are already power adjustable mirrors, so as long as the computer systems can talk to each other it should just be a software thing. I'd like to have this feature.
Yes. See the spreadsheet link in this post that I found with the 'Search' feature; New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Peter

Back