purchasing husky liners | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

purchasing husky liners

I just acquired a Husky liner for the back of my 2013 XLT with the 3rd row folded down.

Is it a problem to roll it up if I need to pop up the 3rd row seats and then stash it behind the 3rd row?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just acquired a Husky liner for the back of my 2013 XLT with the 3rd row folded down.

Is it a problem to roll it up if I need to pop up the 3rd row seats and then stash it behind the 3rd row?
I can't say for sure but if it is shipped the way the other liners are than it likely arrived rolled up in a box to start with. It may take a little while to flatten out again. When I received my OEM cargo liner it was rolled up in a box and after laying it out on the floor for a couple days it was fine. Try it and see.

Peter

Peter, I was excited to see the grey liners didn't have the pop tabs. The problem I ran into with my weather techs is my driveway is on enough of an angle that the water/salt gets through the tabs. I have so much crusted salt under the drivers seat.

Do the huskys fornthe EX have the tabs? It's hard to tell on the site? (17 model)

I have been going back and forth between weather tech and husky. I like the fact that husky has more coverage, but do they lose their shape at all? I seem to have read that somewhere, where as the weather tech don't have that problem. Or is this just internet voodoo. I have a 17 sport so ill keep checking both sites for availability.
Can't come soon enough as football practice is already causing a mess in my 3 week old truck!

Edit
Forgot to ask, does anyone make something to cover either of the logos with the sport logo? I saw something I think for the weather techs, but can't find it anymore

Husky over third set of seats. Weather tech in floors first and second.

Peter, I was excited to see the grey liners didn't have the pop tabs. The problem I ran into with my weather techs is my driveway is on enough of an angle that the water/salt gets through the tabs. I have so much crusted salt under the drivers seat.

Do the huskys fornthe EX have the tabs? It's hard to tell on the site? (17 model)
The front Husky liners I ordered for my 2017 have the tabs that pop onto the OEM tabs in the carpet. They are a sealer tab so nothing will leak through.

Peter

Husky.JPG

Thank you. From the pictures on the site it looked like the weatherbeaters had the tabs but the x act fit had indentations(or reversed). Yours are the x-act fit?

Thank you. From the pictures on the site it looked like the weatherbeaters had the tabs but the x act fit had indentations(or reversed). Yours are the x-act fit?
Mine are the Weatherbeaters. I don't think the X-Act Contours will fit a 2013. It seems they are for the newer models, 2015 +.

Mine are the Weatherbeaters. I don't think the X-Act Contours will fit a 2013. It seems they are for the newer models, 2015 +.
Sorry I'm looking for 17, just haven't picked it up yet.

sorry for reviving an old thread but still haven't pulled the trigger for my 17 sport as the second row fit is horrible.too much material at the hump.
anyway I need fronts bad and wondering since it has been a while, has anyone got the x-act contours for a 17 sport? if so how the fit. can you snap a pic so I can see the rise at the sill as well (does it cover the explorer kick plate?)

sorry for reviving an old thread but still haven't pulled the trigger for my 17 sport as the second row fit is horrible.too much material at the hump.
anyway I need fronts bad and wondering since it has been a while, has anyone got the x-act contours for a 17 sport? if so how the fit. can you snap a pic so I can see the rise at the sill as well (does it cover the explorer kick plate?)
Looking at the video I find it difficult to tell if it goes over to the sill. I don't think it does.
https://www.huskyliners.com/X-act-Contour-Floor-Mats/2017/ford/explorer

Peter

They don't go over the sills as you'd catch your foot on it every-time.

The Woman doesn't like how slippery the Weathertechs are in my truck and says she can't drive it with heels/dress shoes on. Are the Huskys better in this regard? We have a 2017 Sport and almost four year old twins, so everything needs to be covered. :)

The Woman doesn't like how slippery the Weathertechs are in my truck and says she can't drive it with heels/dress shoes on. Are the Huskys better in this regard? We have a 2017 Sport and almost four year old twins, so everything needs to be covered. :)
I did a 'Search' in this thread and including yours there are 4 posts about "slippery" and they all relate to WeatherTech. Personally I've never noticed it being an issue with the Huskys I've always used but then I don't wear "heels".;)

Peter

The Husky can be "slick" when wet , not really slippery ... but with heels/hard sole shoes it probably feels "worse" at first.

Before I purchased a set for my 2016 sport off Amazon I contacted Husky regarding the changes to there front matts in case there response helps anyone.

"In 2017 Ford added a floor mat retaining post to the passenger side floor pan of the Explorer. Part #13761 has a small raised area directly over the newly added post so that the liner will set flat over the top it. If you put the same 13761 liner in a 2015 or 2016 model, it will fit too as the accommodation for the post is very small and it does not affect the fit in these earlier models. However, the passenger side liner of set 13761 might not completely set flat over the post if you installed it in a 2017 model.

Before I purchased a set for my 2016 sport off Amazon I contacted Husky regarding the changes to there front matts in case there response helps anyone.

"In 2017 Ford added a floor mat retaining post to the passenger side floor pan of the Explorer. Part #13761 has a small raised area directly over the newly added post so that the liner will set flat over the top it. If you put the same 13761 liner in a 2015 or 2016 model, it will fit too as the accommodation for the post is very small and it does not affect the fit in these earlier models. However, the passenger side liner of set 13761 might not completely set flat over the post if you installed it in a 2017 model.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I saw that when I received the front set of liners for my 2017.:)

Peter

So I'm in same situation as a lot of you-Weathertech or Huskyliner. Can someone post pics of both, particularly the area where the 2nd and 3rd rows meet. Wanted to see how much carpet exposed with weathertech, and how the huskys fit together in this area.

So I'm in same situation as a lot of you-Weathertech or Huskyliner. Can someone post pics of both, particularly the area where the 2nd and 3rd rows meet. Wanted to see how much carpet exposed with weathertech, and how the huskys fit together in this area.
If you want maximum coverage for the front then it really is no contest. Husky wins hands down. They cover the carpeted area right over to the door sill and they cover the whole 'dead pedal'.
As for the 2nd row you could specify 'with or without 2nd row console'. I believe someone posted a picture showing the exposed carpeted area. You can try using the 'Search' feature to find it and other pictures of the 2 liners. I don't think that either 2nd row liners cover the area completely.

Peter

driver's side.JPG

WeatherTech_002.JPG

thanks. I have seen those pictures. But haven't seen any of the junction of 2nd and 3rd rows. tried searching forums before but can try again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back