Question on tune supporting mods

Moddiction

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hey everyone.

I just bought a 16 Explorer Sport mainly for my wife but went with Sport model so I’d like it too.

I am wanting to get a custom e tune for it on 93 octane. I will be using an SCT X4 tuner as I have an extra one already so that eliminates Livernoise.

I am getting a 3 bar map sensor.

I know most recommend doing spark plugs and lower temp tstat.

I’m not trying to completely max out the performance. Will I be good with just a 3 bar map sensor, AEM dry flow air filter and custom 93 tune?

What sort of gains are you guys seeing with similar mods and tune?

I’m thinking of going with Unleashed Tuning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I believe there are existing posts about gains seen with a tune. The Forum has a handy 'Search' feature in the upper right.
Here is a post I found; SCT X4 WITH custom tuning
Although there are 2 threads on SCT-X4, that is the only one I found mentioning 'gains'

Peter

I know most recommend doing spark plugs and lower temp tstat.

My '17 sport already had the 'upgraded' spark plugs and were recommend to be changed on previous years. Looks like ford decided to make the change themselves. Off the top of my head think they were the SP534, but I could be wrong.

What's the recommended colder plug that they used in the 17s that I should install on my 16 Sport?

I was told the 16's and 17's already have the correct spark plugs and they don't need to be changed. I have the LMS 93 3bar tune on my 2016 Sport with stock plugs and have zero issues.

Back