Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models

I have had mine replaced twice now. I currently have 2400 miles on the vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Information post to dealers today:

Jul 14 2016 3400 - 2016 Explorer Built On Or Before 5/8/2016 - Cooling Fan Noise

Some 2016 Explorer vehicles built on or before 5/8/2016 may exhibit a noise from the electric cooling fans, most noticeable right after the engine is turned off as they spin down to a stop. If the noise can be pinpointed to the cooling fan motor, replace the cooling fan assembly with applicable updated service parts.DA8Z-8C607-B replaced DA8Z-8C607-A, DG1Z-8C607-E replaced DG1Z-8C607-D, DG1Z-8C607-F replaced DG1Z-8C607-A, DB5Z-8C607-D replaced DB5Z-8C607-C. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM,) Section 303-03. Use available Service labor times in section 08.

Thanks Jason. Was there a TSB number associated with this dealer bulletin or is the 3400 the reference number?

Peter

Thanks Jason. Was there a TSB number associated with this dealer bulletin or is the 3400 the reference number?

Peter

Its not a TSB, just info posted to dealers.

Well look at that!

So happy to see that
Me too. Dealer already verified the noise but I told them not to swap the fan since they were going to put the same part # back in. Now I can bring it back to them and they update it.

Just got back from the dealer. They replaced the fan but looks like they used part number DA8Z-8C607-A instead of the updated one in a previous post. Now I'll be interested if the noise returns......

Just got back from the dealer. They replaced the fan but looks like they used part number DA8Z-8C607-A instead of the updated one in a previous post. Now I'll be interested if the noise returns......
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

It has been a while since my last post. I still have my vehicle and have worked with Ford to my satisfaction. The fan they placed in my vehicle in March is still working fine with no noise. I could not see the part number but all of my paper work for the service work should be at work. I will try and remember to look up the information and share the part number.

I see this post is about a year old. I have a 2016 Limited Explorer. I have about 60,000 miles and have had the belt replaced 2 times. the previous replacement was June 2017 with part # DA8Z-8C607*B. I have an appt on Tues to have them take another look into it. I'll let you know what they say.

Mine is making noise again...the last can lasted about 30k miles without noise.

I see this post is about a year old. I have a 2016 Limited Explorer. I have about 60,000 miles and have had the belt replaced 2 times. the previous replacement was June 2017 with part # DA8Z-8C607*B. I have an appt on Tues to have them take another look into it. I'll let you know what they say.
Mine is making noise again...the last can lasted about 30k miles without noise.
This thread is on the radiator cooling fans not on fan belts. wilexplorer, were you also referring to the belt or fan?

Peter

I'm at about 2,300 miles now and the fan screech is starting. Boooo. At least I knew exactly what it was thanks to this forum. Does anyone know if the part for replacement fans has been modified, or do they also go bad over time?

2015 Explorer Sport [VIDEO] Help identify this fan or belt noise seconds after engine turns off

So I had a new DA8Z-8C607-B (fan and motor) put into my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport around Spring 2018. All was well through the summer. (no more fan screech after the engine cooling winds down with ignition off)

After 3,000 miles the SAME fan noise came back again recently. I bought it in and they confirmed it's bad.
I just had the 2nd DA8Z-8C607-B put in today and it's back to normal, no more noise even on a hot 90 degree day.

Ford said they give a 2 year warranty on all replacement parts. (I didn't have to pay a dime) The 2 year clocks starts over as of today.

I plan to buy a 2020 Explorer Sport once those are out in 2019 so hopefully I don't have to replace DA8Z-8C607-B too many times before then. It's a bit odd that this part is failing multiple times.

[URLFord said they give a 2 year warranty on all replacement parts. (I didn't have to pay a dime) The 2 year clocks starts over as of today.
I believe others have said the 2 year warranty on ford parts is only for customer pay repairs. If warranty repair, the period is 1 year (or maybe less for some parts).

When I had a part replaced, the service advisor told me that it was only warrantied for the balance of the new car warranty. If it has to be replaced again, once the new car warranty expires, then I have to pay the $100 deductible of the extended warranty.

Back