• Register Today It's free!

Blind spot mirror

wellcraft

Reaction score
City, State
Augusta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
My xlt came with bliss but doesn't have the small blind spot mirror and I was wondering if the piece of mirrors (glass) can be replace with an oem or aftermarket mirror with the integrated blind spot and bliss. We use an aftermarket round mirror that we put in our old explorer and use it all the time but with the new explorer I would like to keep if looking like stock.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put small stick on one on mine. I used the ones that are round on only one side. It worked great. Remember you have to put it in the bottom outside corner or you will cover your BLISS light

My xlt came with bliss but doesn't have the small blind spot mirror and I was wondering if the piece of mirrors (glass) can be replace with an oem or aftermarket mirror with the integrated blind spot and bliss. We use an aftermarket round mirror that we put in our old explorer and use it all the time but with the new explorer I would like to keep if looking like stock.

Thanks
The stick-on works great. The small blind spot mirror on the OEM mirrors would be exactly in the area that your current Bliss warning light is. As far as OEM goes, you can't have both in one mirror. I haven't checked out aftermarket ones.

Peter

Thanks guys, I was trying to avoid the stick on style but it looks like that would be my only option. Is there anything specific you guys suggest, would like to get a set of quality mirror stick on as most of the ones I've seen look like plastic and very thick and the image is all distorted.

Thanks guys

Thanks guys, I was trying to avoid the stick on style but it looks like that would be my only option. Is there anything specific you guys suggest, would like to get a set of quality mirror stick on as most of the ones I've seen look like plastic and very thick and the image is all distorted.

Thanks guys
I'm not sure what is available in the U.S. but guess it would be much the same as here. Not much you can do about the thickness since the mirror has to have a curvature and a self adhesive pad. As I've mentioned before, I've been using them on every vehicle I've had for as long as I can recall. Have never had one that is distorted. If you are looking at them in a package with see through plastic, might look that way.

Peter

convex.jpg

these vehicles have horrible blind spots even with the mirrors adjusted, they need a wider angle on them.

The rectangular ones don't look as aftermarket I think, I would search around local auto part stores
5.-Auden-Square-Blind-Spot-Mirror-2-Pack.jpg

I'm not sure what is available in the U.S. but guess it would be much the same as here. Not much you can do about the thickness since the mirror has to have a curvature and a self adhesive pad. As I've mentioned before, I've been using them on every vehicle I've had for as long as I can recall. Have never had one that is distorted. If you are looking at them in a package with see through plastic, might look that way.

Peter
I actually use mine more for parking since the mirrors where I have them positioned allow you to see the rear wheels.

these vehicles have horrible blind spots even with the mirrors adjusted, they need a wider angle on them.

The rectangular ones don't look as aftermarket I think, I would search around local auto part stores
5.-Auden-Square-Blind-Spot-Mirror-2-Pack.jpg
That actually doesn't look bad at all. I would like to find something that looks as factory as possible.

Back