2010 blend door actuator question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 blend door actuator question.

Neptune1

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi, I need to purchase the blend door actuator for our 2010 Explorer XLT but see lots of different serial numbers for them on Amazon. Does anyone know which is the correct one for our car? thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Click on your user name at the upper right. A box will open - select 'Your Content' and that will point you to any threads you started or participated in.

It's YH-1744 if you have the manual controls.

Manual controls as in dials to change the temperature. The other option would be the automatic climate control that has buttons and a screen to set the temperature.

I'd get the Motorcraft part if it were me. I originally bought a part from Dorman that was supposed to work but didn't so I got the Motorcraft part and haven't had any issues since I put it in years ago.

On my 2007 I went straight to the dealership gave them my VIN and they gave me the correct part the first time. I noticed other people's frustrations in getting the correct part - I didn't really want to waste my time figuring out which one would work.

From what I saw in the past, the dealer part is not that much more expensive, especially if you get it online.

I got the Dorman 604-209 from amazon for (at the time) $28. Fit fine on my 2006 with manual controls.

Hi, I need to purchase the blend door actuator for our 2010 Explorer XLT but see lots of different serial numbers for them on Amazon. Does anyone know which is the correct one for our car? thanks.
How difficult is it to repair blend door and or actuator on the 2010 explorers?

I also recommend going to the dealership for the part. Also, YouTube has a number of videos showing how to replace blend doors. Just be sure to watch the right one depending on whether you have single or dual climate control.

Back