• Register Today It's free!

heater vacumm trouble

stakreutemazda

Reaction score
City, State
gulfport,florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 b2500 se
Need help finding vacumm tube routing for heater control valve 2000 b2500 mazda 2.5L

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Te sticker only addresses the emissions vac lines, stuff like the egr valve and other larger tubes. This vac line ends at the heater control valve thats mounted on the heater inlet hose. It goes toward the firewall under all the hvac boxes mounted on it, like the blower motor. Then I lose it, I've checked under the dash where I think it should be but the vac lines I find are not the one. This line is very tiny and made from a plastic type material. It dries out and starts to deteriorate, mine has at the control valve. I believe my only hope is to contact someone who has replaced this line and knows exactly where the vac source is located, it may be part of a multi port with other lines to other parts that are vac driven. So? What now? Thanks.

to brooklynbay. hope this finds it's way to you.This day was insightfull. The missing vac tube begins it's journey from the temp controls. You remove the clusters from the dash/radio and there is a multi ported vac cluster. Somewhere related to the temp control switch. You pull the switch out to be able to access the many vac lines.This isn't very precise but it's sort of correct, the many lines have different colors that identify their use. No one could equate a color to a unit, no one could sell me replacement tubing, a shop told me their method of repair was to put a larger size tube over the bad tube in a way that lenthens the tube and covers one good portion to another good piece. I guess I'll know the route from end to end when I tackle the fix,or replacement, I haven't decided yet.Hope this helps in a small way,I was glad someone got back to me so again,many thanks.

Auto parts stores sell rolls of hard plastic vacuum tubing in several inner/outer diameters. There are usually 3 feet of tubing in a package. They are made by Dorman. Look in the Motormite or Help! section in the store. They sell rubber couplings to join sections together.

The heater control valve's vacuum source shares a plug under the blower motor with the vacuum source from the vacuum reservoir under the air cleaner.

Both tubes pass through the bottom of the air box and route to the a/c - vent control.

Pretty sure the heater control valve tube is "T'd" to the recirculation flap under the glove box.

Back