Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3

Going to be a no go for sure. Graduation is on the 3rd. Hope to see lots of pics of all the fun I miss out on!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't think we'll be there this year...truck won't need work like it's gotten the weeks before the last 3 trips, but it was quite a trip for us from OH....it will happen again, that I have no doubt, but not this year...

Like a few others, I'll be watching for video and pictures when the time comes!

I was hoping 2018 would be the year I could attend but it looks like its a no go.
Same here, The Explorer needs way too much to be trail worthy. Like LS/locker and lower gears. 3:55s just wouldn't cut it on the trails.
So looks like at least 2019 or 2020.

Tim

Same here, The Explorer needs way too much to be trail worthy. Like LS/locker and lower gears. 3:55s just wouldn't cut it on the trails.
So looks like at least 2019 or 2020.

Tim

3.55s are not bad at all and I have wheeled open up there with no issue. When I went in '15 we had a guy run a completely stock 1st gen up Top of the World.

Blitz and I are planning an extended trip to Colorado around this time. We might just sneak a few days in Moab June 1-2 at the beginning of the trip =)

Count us in at least for Friday/Saturday.

...need to get cracking on fixing the truck. Thing is leaking just about every fluid :banghead: except for fuel and still needs the front end regeared.

Anyone got a spare TTB pumpkin with 4.88 gears already in it? :D

Ok, I made reservations for us to stay at the KOA camp this year:chug:

We should be arriving by dinner on Thursday and leaving on Monday.

I still need to make reservations at the Branding Iron.

No can do, I'll be in Portland, OR for a conference that week.

Reservations made we will be getting there some time Thursday.

Its probably a no go for me this year. The differential in my Ram gave out after 106k miles. And speaking of differentials...

Red is also in pretty poor shape. Harvey did more damage than I thought. Water got into both diffs and they are both shot(pinion bearings are bad). Also, both exhaust manifolds have numerous cracks and a collapsed motor mount rounds out this FML sandwich.

At least the motor isn't bad :rolleyes:

Red is also in pretty poor shape. Harvey did more damage than I thought. Water got into both diffs and they are both shot(pinion bearings are bad). Also, both exhaust manifolds have numerous cracks and a collapsed motor mount rounds out this FML sandwich.

:(

Unfortunately my tax return is going into the Ram as its my DD, but as soon as extra funds appear they will be allocated to Red. Guess I'm gonna learn how to build me some differentials. :)

Just booked my camp site. This will be my first year going. Unfortunately i domt have my explorer anymore. It was a donor to build my ranger. D44/d60 sas. Hopefully im allowed to join you guys.

The last 3 events I've been to, there was a j**p at each one, and a Ranger at the last Moab trip I went to...you're good dude, pretty sure no one is gonna send you away lol!

Perfect! I tried to make it last year but had a family reunion the same weekend. So this year we planned around this trip so we could make it.

what trails do you usually do had a friend ask. i am curious as well. I had my lockers installed earlier this week.

Staying at KOA? Whats up with Canyonlands campground? Something happen I need to know about, or just booked up?

One company owns most of the RV parks in Moab now including Canyonlands :( Ever since I've had a hard time making reservations there.

In other news. My eye is still f'ed up. They want to do what will be my fourth surgery as soon as possible. I have a pre-op appointment a week from today. This one is the most invasive yet. They want to put a drainage tube in and of course the
results are not guaranteed.

My cousin who is my moms age had this surgery, and her history closely matches mine. She is now blind in that eye since the surgery. In other words, the surgery made her blind. I just got back from a second opinion and told the doctor my concerns. He said that yes, it is possible I could have the same results that she did, but it's rare. I have lost faith in the process since nothing they have done so far has worked.

I have to decide whether to go blind over time with no surgery, or possibly go blind immediately from the surgery. According to both doctors without surgery I don't have long before I would lose vision in that eye. Of course the other option is that the surgery goes well and I'm done, but from what I gather even if the surgery works, I may have to keep going back for them to "tweak" things to keep the pressure under control. There is actually a risk of the pressure going to low with the surgery.

I just feel totally f'ed. I am not one who takes medical procedures lightly, probably because I have led a very lucky life and other than these eye issues I have never had to have surgery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick, everything in life is half chance. To me it doesn't look like you really have a choice here.

Worst case maybe you can get a cool Terminator eye. I'll be back! :cool2:

Back