GPS Module Fails | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GPS Module Fails

Get a written estimate or do you have the work order that said what needs to be done? Seeing the exact wording may be helpful. If they specifically state the "GPSM" not "GPS" is bad then as [MENTION=145598]sheltonfilms[/MENTION] said earlier a $500 estimate is RIDICULOUS. If it says GPS they may be using that as a generic term to cover any number of things.

A GPSM isn't that expensive but would need to be programmed. Takes the dealer 5 minutes to do that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think he is referring to the update to the GPS module which some others had done.

Peter

I was suggesting do an update to Sync so it reboots/resets. Could just be a weird software glitch. Plus an update doesn't hurt and if it happens to fix the situation then no money spent.

elliott22,

If you happen to be traveling through the Birmingham area of Alabama I could probably replace the module for you.

The same thing happened to my 2012 Ford Explorer. My battery died and I replaced it. After replacing the battery everything was working, but a few days later the GPS stopped working. Now it says 255 satellites on the diagnostic screen. I performed a master reset, but it did not help.

elliott22 - did you resolve your issue? If so, how and how much did it cost?

The same thing happened to my 2012 Ford Explorer. My battery died and I replaced it. After replacing the battery everything was working, but a few days later the GPS stopped working. Now it says 255 satellites on the diagnostic screen. I performed a master reset, but it did not help.

elliott22 - did you resolve your issue? If so, how and how much did it cost?
FYI, elliott22 was last here on April 26, 2016.
Bill, please update your profile by adding the now 'Required' trim level (Base, XLT, etc.) so it appears in the margin. That can be very useful info at times. Thanks.

Peter

Hi, try to replaced GPS module and run in big problem, after replacing get a lot of faults: "Hill descent control fault", Check brake system".....Trak won`t crank like bad batterie, batterie is OK. Same with old module.

Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:

Peter

Back