about Remote Keyless Entry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

about Remote Keyless Entry

alawneh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 2010
my son broke the Remote Keyless Entry neck in the place where putting the medal ring. i know this issue is common for this bad type of remotes and i found alot of remotes on ebay that can programmed for my car, i wanna know if this remotes are trusted to use? or if can i fix the broken area?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my son broke the Remote Keyless Entry neck in the place where putting the medal ring. i know this issue is common for this bad type of remotes and i found alot of remotes on ebay that can programmed for my car, i wanna know if this remotes are trusted to use? or if can i fix the broken area?
this the place of brake i mean

71Q7eVQPOtL._SY355_.jpg

your local autoparts store may have a replacement case that you can use the circuit board from the broken one. Or buy a replacement case online and do the same thing. Amazon has them for around $5 my auto parts store around $15.

your local autoparts store may have a replacement case that you can use the circuit board from the broken one. Or buy a replacement case online and do the same thing. Amazon has them for around $5 my auto parts store around $15.
thanks alot for reply, can i buy a remote from ebay and program it for my car... i have only one and i need a another one?

Yes, buy one from ebay. Doesn't matter that you have only one left. Have a look into your car's manual.

I think what an earlier poster was saying was to buy one off ebay, open it up and switch the innards with the old one. Easy to do and you won't have to go through the problem of reprogramming, which can sometimes open up bigger problems. You just need the case.

When you're adding another KEY is when you need two keys already programmed before being able to add another. Nothing to do with the remotes.

I think what an earlier poster was saying was to buy one off ebay, open it up and switch the innards with the old one. Easy to do and you won't have to go through the problem of reprogramming, which can sometimes open up bigger problems. You just need the case.

When you're adding another KEY is when you need two keys already programmed before being able to add another. Nothing to do with the remotes.
thank you for your great advice, in fact i have 2 keys and only one remote, i like to have another remote just in case...
and what are the possible complications for reprogramming procedure???

I had never had a problem with programming a remote from ebay as long as they use the right frequency.

Back