• Register Today It's free!

Wiper linkage bushings

GmanSN95

Reaction score
City, State
Miami
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer Limited
What's up guys and gals I'm Jesus I guess I'm the latest newbie on the forum. Three might already bee a thread for this but I've looked around and couldn't find one specifically for this issue or at least how to solve it.

The passenger side wiper on my 95 limited isn't moving at all with the driver side, I already know it's the linkage clip that came apart and I've replaced it with an aftermarket one that came close but wasn't quite the same size and it'll quirk for a while but will eventually give way and stop the arm moving. Has anyone run into this issue before? If so is there an actual replacement part for that clip or will I have to bite the bullet and go to Ford? Thanks guys any input would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just replace the entire linkage. That's what I did on my F-150 after the 235k mile linkage bushings wore out. They're not as expensive as you think.

Same here. Only I just bought a small package of the nylon fittings that go on the end of the linkage arms, took a whopping 7 to 10 minutes to do. It is the doorman wiper linkage bushing assortment. Removed and replaced and has been great every sense.

Thanks for the input guys I just used that Dorman bushing set lets see how long that holds up. Otherwise I'll see myself replacing the whole linkage like 1997XLTRollover recommended. I'll let you guys know.

How’s the bushing working out? Mine can lose and probably going to replace the bushing before the entire linkage

How’s the bushing working out? Mine can lose and probably going to replace the bushing before the entire linkage

Great so far. It’s a bit of a pain to get the new bushing on. I really had to muscle it in there. Otherwise a fairly simple fix, just be careful when removing the cowl they break easily. Another thing that may help lengthen the life of that bushing is dab a little bit of any thick multi purpose grease before you snap the linkage back on. Always remember that lube makes the world go round. Hope this helps.

Great so far. It’s a bit of a pain to get the new bushing on. I really had to muscle it in there. Otherwise a fairly simple fix, just be careful when removing the cowl they break easily. Another thing that may help lengthen the life of that bushing is dab a little bit of any thick multi purpose grease before you snap the linkage back on. Always remember that lube makes the world go round. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Ya had the panel off but was afraid of breaking it while I did that, definitely going to add some grease into theft

Ended up using a linkage from a friend’s parts ranger

Back