How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 43 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I have a 2017 sport, I am playing with FORScan and was trying to get the global windows up and down with remote to work. I know this has been discussed multiple times but I can’t find anyone with my issue posting on here.
One setting that needs to be modified is the DDM (from google I believe this is Drivers Door Module). I do not have that in my list of modules to be able to connect to and modify. Are there certain modules that may not be installed in a vehicle depending on options? I was starting to believe that most modules were installed but hardware was left out if you don’t have some options.
Anyone run into this before? Any solutions or suggestions?

What ELM are you using? ODB Bluetooth adaptor? Sounds like it can not see the MS Bus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then you are not seeing all the modules. The DDM and PDM are on the MS bus. Soto answer your original question you should see both the DDM and PDM I will have to say it is one of two things.
1 Bad ELM
2 Did you get the extended licenses for Forscan if not then you will need to get it to program those modules

Then you are not seeing all the modules. The DDM and PDM are on the MS bus. Soto answer your original question you should see both the DDM and PDM I will have to say it is one of two things.
1 Bad ELM
2 Did you get the extended licenses for Forscan if not then you will need to get it to program those modules
Yes, I did get the extended license and have made changes to other items with success. The ELM is a week old, I may have to return and get a replacement, just to see if that’s the issue.
Any recommendations for what people are using? I’m using a laptop connected with usb for the ELM.

Yes, I did get the extended license and have made changes to other items with success. The ELM is a week old, I may have to return and get a replacement, just to see if that’s the issue.
Any recommendations for what people are using? I’m using a laptop connected with usb for the ELM.

Start here it gives a list of instructions as well as recommended equipment. FORScan Tutorial

Has anyone enabled the EQ settings on a 14 EX Sport? I am seriously disatisfied with the quality over my GFs 16 Fusion Titanium. Both with Sony setups, but my Sport sounds nothing like hers. Hoping enabling the EQ can help.

I enabled it. I really only notice a difference in the Pop setting. Any others don't seem to have an effect.

Did you ever get this to work? I implemented this forscan change myself and it had no effect (still shows compass instead of nav showing on the dash display). Was this mod referring to showing nav instead of compass on the MFT screen, or the IPC dash screen? I have factory nav. Input from anyone else is welcome. Thanks!

Like showing the map in the right-hand dash screen? That would be great. Mine shows turn-by-turn but that's about it.

In examining the ForSCAN spreadsheet for the Explorers I noticed this line for the Audio Control Module:

Sound Output Options 11-18MY ACM 727-01-01 xx** xxxx xxzz 00 - Regular Speakers, A0 - Sony DSP, 59 - Variable Line Level Output w/Subwoofer Aux

Can anyone expand on the impact between "Regular Speakers" and "Sony DSP". I am not a fan of the Sony DSP sounds and was wondering if it might sound better if I could bypass the Sony DSP by changing the value to Regular Speakers.

Also, what is the third option? Variable Line Level Output w/Subwoofer Aux. Any insight into that?

Thank you, Going to order one of the recommended ELM's to hopefully see if that is the issue.
So I received my ELM today. I went with the VINT model listed through forscan. I still do not show the DDM or the PDM in my module list. I’m starting to think I do not have those modules installed in the vehicle.? Does it matter of the “package level” I have? I do not have the 401A in my 17’ sport. Could that be the culprit? Going to post on the forscan forum as well but figured I’d check here again in Case anyone has an answer.

So I received my ELM today. I went with the VINT model listed through forscan. I still do not show the DDM or the PDM in my module list. I’m starting to think I do not have those modules installed in the vehicle.? Does it matter of the “package level” I have? I do not have the 401A in my 17’ sport. Could that be the culprit? Going to post on the forscan forum as well but figured I’d check here again in Case anyone has an answer.

Did you answer yes to the "do you have a HS/MS can switch"? Did you flip the switch when asked?

Did you answer yes to the "do you have a HS/MS can switch"? Did you flip the switch when asked?
It does have the HS/MS switch and I did switch it when asked. The switch is not labeled very well so I even tried the opposite position but then it didn't even connect when I changed it (I was in MS instead of HS at the beginning and that is how I confirmed which position is which).

It does have the HS/MS switch and I did switch it when asked. The switch is not labeled very well so I even tried the opposite position but then it didn't even connect when I changed it (I was in MS instead of HS at the beginning and that is how I confirmed which position is which).

Does it show new modules once you switch it over. I think HVAC is on MS-can off the top of my head.

Does it show new modules once you switch it over. I think HVAC is on MS-can off the top of my head.
Appreciate the questions and comments,
I do have access to both HS and MS modules, quick example I can access BCM and PCM (which are both labeled as HS, as well as access HVAc/HSWM which are listed as MS modules. These are NOT the only modules I can access, I have a total of about 15 modules under HScan and 5 under MScan.

Appreciate the questions and comments,
I do have access to both HS and MS modules, quick example I can access BCM and PCM (which are both labeled as HS, as well as access HVAc/HSWM which are listed as MS modules. These are NOT the only modules I can access, I have a total of about 15 modules under HScan and 5 under MScan.
May not have the DDM Module then.

Got memory seats? Fold mirrors?

Got memory seats? Fold mirrors?
Does not have either of those (don't mention the memory seats. That is one item I kick myself for not getting. I am bitter about that one)

I was curious if not all modules are installed from the factory, just as you mention possible for my Ex to just be missing the module?

Made a bunch of FORScan changes to the X today. All good!

Few questions on a few that I have not applied:

1. What is the Door Ajar Lighting Color in the BCM?
2. What is the ALM color in the HVAC?
3. If I enable Dark Mode is there an option to switch it off/on from the IPC?
4. Is there a setting that retains the HVAC and cooling/heated seats settings when remote starting?

My door sill color is Blue, even though the Ambient lighting is set to Red. Is there a way to change the door open / sill color to match the Ambient light setting?

If your IPC supports it - 720-04-01 xxx4 xxxx xxxx allows control in IPC menu.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Made a bunch of FORScan changes to the X today. All good!

Few questions on a few that I have not applied:

1. What is the Door Ajar Lighting Color in the BCM?
2. What is the ALM color in the HVAC?
4. Is there a setting that retains the HVAC and cooling/heated seats settings when remote starting?

My door sill color is Blue, even though the Ambient lighting is set to Red. Is there a way to change the door open / sill color to match the Ambient light setting?
#4 should not require any changes to the factory settings. Those settings you refer to are already available. They were even in my 2011 Limited.
The "blue" setting is the default setting when you open the doors. It doesn't matter what colour you had chosen. Not sure if that applies to the 2016 though. My 2017 default is red. I have my ambient lighting set the ice blue but when I open the driver's door, the door lighting changes to red.
EDIT: Just after posting this reply it occurred to me that you may have been referring to the lighted "EXPLORER" feature in the sill and not the door colour. That feature is not tied into the ambient lighting. Sorry for the mix-up.

Peter

Back