Ford Explorer 2011 Limited Camshaft Position Sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2011 Limited Camshaft Position Sensor

wcharon

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2011
Hi to all...

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited 3.5 V6 that turned on the Check Engine light. A friend of mine scanned and gave the P0017 error which is the Camshaft position Sensor Bank 1.

I have tried to find the motor schematic to see where they are located as i have found that the motor uses 4 of these sensors. I have read that they should be in the front of the block but i cannot see them anywhere. At least i found that Bank 1 is the Passenger side

Does anybody have the motor schematic that will share or explain me where they are located and what has to be removed to locate them?

Thanks in advance...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use the forums search function for p0017. Several threads on this already exist that should be able to answer your questions.

Thanks... Already did and didn't find diagram of the position. Will keep looking.

Thanks... Already did and didn't find diagram of the position. Will keep looking.

How about this? It shows you bank 1 and 2 (2 sensors per).

P0016.PNG

Thanks @blwnsmoke.

This clear me up a lot. In my case the error is P0017 Camshaft Position - Bank 1 Sensor B so I have to assume based on the diagram that it is the sensor that is more closer to the Passenger side (back).as all sensor or in the same side. Do you agree? I hope I only have to remove the Intake tube in order to see them.

I am also thinking if I should replace both sensors instead of 1 and take the risk,

C1366 or c1624.. they are both on the drivers rear, not passenger. The large circle is where the trans mounts and the trans is on the drivers side.

Thanks Buddy. Will check that out tommorow.

Back