Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 78 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Understood.

It actually happened when I tried to cook the part out, the first pass at 400 F. I figured that since I was running Devil Red in the relief it was no big problem for the relief area.

I was going with your last recommendation of "Prismatic Clear Vision" .

My intentions were to go over the whole thing with a "Flat Wet Stone" to get back to clean brass.

I originally tried a Roloc Disk (Scotch Brite in disk format) but got too many swirls.

Went over the whole part with Wet Sand 400 in the kitchen sink and that took several hours and I got a Pissed Off wife as a bonus!

Almost as bad as the time she came home and found my intake manifold and valve covers in the dishwasher...

P.S. Thanks for your help and I'll post results when finished.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This one is nothing special, but what I was going for was a freshly blasted aluminum look. i used one shot silver with flat clear and think it looks pretty good. Now these accessory brackets will look new for a long time and clean off easily.

001.JPG

Very nice, what brackets are those for?

@Turdle

What's cost to Re-Clear Coat a set of (4) Stock 98 XTL wheels?

Planning ahead here.

P.M. if you wish.

@Turdle

What's cost to Re-Clear Coat a set of (4) Stock 98 XTL wheels?

Planning ahead here.

P.M. if you wish.
Which wheels are they, if 16's will you be this way anytime? I have a set of take offs I never used, and was going to put snow tires on them this Fall.

Don,

15" Stock.

Didn't know there were 2 different types in 98.

Regards,
Chris

Yeah, sorry to sidetrack Jon's thread. 1998 was the first year you could get 15's or 16's(both look similar(teardrop)).

Very nice, and do those all have clear over them? I'm still wanting to send a few things to you if the shipping will work out. I have a growing group of polished aluminum stuff, two pairs of FMS valve covers for example. That kind of thing can't be left raw aluminum.

As usual.

Nice work Jon!

Thanks for the remarks!
Yes Don,I used Clear Vision as a top coat on all.
I have a color named heavy silver which, with a flat ( no gloss) clear, looks like blasted aluminum, complete with the tiny little sparkles that blasted aluminum shows in sunlight.

@Turdle powdercoated this for me over seven years ago. :snicker:I finally got ambitious enough to put it on yesterday since it was in the low 60's in late December...

Not pictured is the other bolt/bracket and nut.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Looks great! I've got one you can do in red.

Very nice,and I need to get a couple of those for my mail truck.

Impressive work.

Back